Maintenance and troubleshooting of christie projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance and troubleshooting of christie projector

Dear Masters, since I have just joined the profession of projectionist recently, I would like to ask a question. I wonder if there are any maintenance materials and articles on the Solaris series projectors of christie, as well as case articles on troubleshooting. For example: Solaris one, 2208, 2210, 2215, 2220, 2230, 4220, 4230

Of course there are manuals. The Christie support site has them but the site is not public. You would get a login after taking the service technician training at Christie.
    None - except for one for the CP2000S series 1 model - are here in the manual library. I don't know why not.
    If you search with google (or whatever you prefer) - for example for "CP2220 manual" a lot of results come up. You can download many for free or some small charge.
    Probably if you email Christie (tech-support@christiedigital.com I think) and ask they will send you a link to download a manual.

All the Solaria series xenon projectors - series 2 - are pretty similar in operation. The innards differ a bit mostly in the size of things and how they all fit together. The TCP touchpanel and its functions are more or less identical on all models. The circuit boards are the same for all models.
    The server is another concern. There are internal ones, ones with an external and an internal part connected with various cabling, and external ones connecting to the projector with SDI cables.

The manual you should definitely have is the user manual. The installation and service manuals may be useful but are really for trained techs.

You can really screw a digital cinema projector up by messing around with it. The security model is beyond paranoid and will bite if poked. Just turning the inner panel lock with the Medeco key will stop it working until you "marry" the thing. The higher login levels in the TCP have access to settings that should not be changed unless you know what you're doing.

Basic maintenance is cleaning the optical parts and changing air filters. Coolant should be replaced every few years. Lamps need regular replacement after their service life hours are used up... they don't "burn out", they explode. That smashes the glass reflector which is really expensive.
    Last edited by Dave Macaulay; 12-28-2022, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I have been provided with Christie manuals and firmware updates by them in response to emailing and asking, but I am formally trained on two other makes (Barco and NEC), and work for a recognized service vendor. As Dave notes, there are some maintenance operations that could actually cause you serious injury if done incorrectly (e.g. handling xenon arc lamps, and opening parts of the projector with exposed high voltage terminals), and so Christie will likely want to satisfy themselves that you at least have that base level of knowledge.

Some maintenance operations are intended by the manufacturer to be done by an end user without specific technical training, e.g. cleaning exterior surfaces and replacing disposable air filters; others are only intended to be done by a tech who has gone through a formal training process, hence the reason that their related UI operations are behind a password. If you are expected to do these things, I would suggest asking your employer to send you to the relevant Christie training class.

Comment

hi:
        In fact, I have passed the primary training certified by Science Television, but I have forgotten it for a long time.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Jerry, the Christie training program provides ALL of the manuals and logins/passwords during the training, so there is something not right here. (Showing people a scrubbed out certificate that is not only missing information but could be easily photoshopped isn't going to convince anyone here either.)

Also you need to update your location in your profile before you post again. City, State, Country are required.

Comment

Working...
          X