Dolby IMS3000 control issues with CP650 and Jnior310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolby IMS3000 control issues with CP650 and Jnior310

Merry Christmast to all the Film tech family to start. I hope you and your family had a great day .

A few days ago one of my Christie IMB just died so i had to replace it with a brand new dolby IMS3000.
    I think its a great product but im having problems trying to send Cue control to my CP650 and also Jnior310.
    I just cant make it work together.
    I erased and create several times both equipments in to IMS3000. I upgraded IMS, Jnior and CP650 but nothing seems to work

I hope you guys have any clue on what can i do.
    Thanks for all your help.

Mike Moreno
    Mexico

In the CP650 macro cues, assuming you used the built in cue library, if there's a space after the command text and the "\n" terminator, delete the space and try it. This is an issue with a CP750 but I haven't tried with a 650.
    For the Jnior, make sure the cue is sent as "binary". The library cues may default to "text" which will not work.

Comment

INTEG is closed until the 3rd but you'll hear from someone who can help you out. Dave has good recommendations as these have been recent issues with the latest IMS3000. The JNIOR used to have password issues with setup in the IMS but rumor has it that has been fixed. I personally can't confirm it.

Comment

Thanks guys. Jnior is working now. I couldt make the CP650 to work so i connect the automation imputs from cp650 to the jnior in order to control the non sync and the Digital channel. I'll see what dolby says about it.

Thanks again.

Mike Moreno
        Mexico

Comment

the CP650 has to receive TEXT type commands. Also, it's Ethernet port floods incredibly easily. Don't rapid fire anything into it. If it floods, it has to reboot to work. Lastly, on the CP650 port it can only handle one "thing" at a time. You can't have say a JNIOR AND the IMS3000 both connected to it...the first one to open the socket wins.

Comment

Working...
          X