Barco SP2K Newbe questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco SP2K Newbe questions

Please excuse what are probably silly newbie questions, but our new Sp2K-11s was installed last week while I was off with Covid, so no chance for a handover session!
    Slowly getting to grips with the OS, but have a couple of questions to start with ...
    Is it possible and safe to open 2 or more Ingest windows, one for each source (eg Lansat, USB, Old DoReMe server etc) without having to rescan at every change?
    Having set a feature to ingest I find that KDM ingests are then queued behind it, and not ingested in the background like in DoReMe. Is there a workaround?
    Thanks for your patience!

I'm assuming that your server is an ICMP-X.

Presumably you could open multiple ingest sources in new browser tabs for ease of reference, and select and queue for ingest from all of them at random; though I've never tried to do that. The ICMP-X treats KDMs in the same way as CPLs, and so it'll ingest them in the order that they were queued, along with everything else.

Comment

There is a second ingest method for KDMs - under the content tab, select KDMs, and you can drag them onto the window that opens. I would assume that this method ingests them while a feature ingest is still running. Though I am not sure wether that works.
      I suggest you read the ICMP manuals - lot's of information there that can not be found by trial & error.

Comment

Thanks for the useful info - I wasn't aware I needed the ICMP Manual! But on the Barco website all I could find was some very basic video tutorials, covering ingests, show creation and scheduling. Is the a full PDF manual anywhere?

Comment

Didn't you receive the manual with the install? The manuals are only available to MyBarco account holders. I guess someone will contact you about a download option, if not, get back to me and I will upload the most recent version.

Comment

Working...
          X