Audio Processing: 5.1 to 2.0 mixdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Processing: 5.1 to 2.0 mixdown

Does someone know if the Odyssey DI6-3 is still available somewhere? Or something similar? We play movies outdoors and currently have one DCP location with more coming. We're using a sound mixer to do our mixdown to 2.0 (we send audio to headphones, not speakers, so similar to a drive-in, we need stereo.) I know there are several posts talking about this a bit. But, I'm not able to find this device. What are others doing to accomplish a mixdown in a cost-effective way?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184592257012

Comment

Most EVERYTHING that was made by Odyssey is still available! Mark Dargaignon (that's a mouthful), who was with Odyssey (and most of us interacted with) bought the assets and the rights to produce the products. He operates under the name DargcO (and the "O" looks suspiciously like the "O" from Odyssey. His web site is: https://dargcocinema.wixsite.com/mysite

I don't know if he sells direct or not but has had zero issues supplying us whatever we've needed on any order so your favorite dealer should be able to supply you the item. Thus far, he has held prices too.

Comment

What's the problem with your current setup, using a sound mixer getting from 5.1 to 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
          What's the problem with your current setup, using a sound mixer getting from 5.1 to 2.0?
          Not technically a problem. Just looking at other options to simplify design and training of techs (one stereo fader vs. 5.)

Comment

We use the USL JSD-60 in "Drive-In" mode. When converting to digital back in 2013, I told my sales rep I wanted the closest "digital equivalent" of a "SMART MOD IIB-DIT" and we ended up with the JSD-60's. Both have run flawlessly for 10 years.

Comment

Working...
            X