No announcement yet.

Ingest through FTP server on Barco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit that I never bothered updating the FileZilla FTP server I use on a PC. My predecessor installed it six years ago. Version 0.9.60 beta and (since it's working well and only internally) not updated since 2017.
    On Users>General, nothing is checked, but Enable Account and the Password, Group membership: <none>
    On >Shared folders>Files, every box is checked.
    On >Speed Limits, everything is on Default, but that doesn't matter
    Nothing on >IP Filter

I would check check as well timeout duration on the logs. Might

The Alchemy(-X), indeed uses the Command LIST -a, no problem there, though.

Comment

Hi Ioannis,
      Thanks for your reply. I updated our Filezilla server to your version (0.9.60). It works. I'm still curious why the newest versions do not work.

Later versions of the FileZilla Server understands wrong this parameter because it is non-standard and not supported by FileZilla anymore. I read about it here.
      Here is my mistake. The link above discusses the Client, not the Server.
      Second try. ​Here is described behavior of the FileZilla Server very similar to our case, but with a different parameter.

Comment

Is anyone here using the current version of FileZilla server with Baco ICMP?

I'm not familiar with the protocol, should we ask Barco about a non-standard parameter?

Comment

I for one, once I found time and a PC to host the FTP server, tried that with FileZilla 1.7.2.
          I wanted to follow instructions for setting transfer from 0.9.60 to 1.X. It turned out I didn't need to do anything, but I didn't uninstall the 0.9 program.

Indeed, the ICMP(-X) did connect and claimed listing the folder content. But the server interface clearly showed the connection to fail, and the "-a" option as you point out, Ekaterina.

For the interest of it, I kept the sal1-test-report.txt from checking the connection on the Alchemy's part:
          In fact, I tested that through web-communicator.
          ping 10.10.10.51 -c 3
          PING 10.10.10.51 (10.10.10.51): 56 data bytes
          64 bytes from 10.10.10.51: seq=0 ttl=128 time=1.557 ms
          64 bytes from 10.10.10.51: seq=1 ttl=128 time=0.440 ms
          64 bytes from 10.10.10.51: seq=2 ttl=128 time=0.410 ms

--- 10.10.10.51 ping statistics ---
          3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
          round-trip min/avg/max = 0.410/0.802/1.557 ms
          TEST-STEP - Pinging - Success - ping OK

ip route get 10.10.10.51
          10.10.10.51 dev eth0 src 10.10.10.11
          TEST-STEP - Routing - Success - a valid route was found

curlftpfs -o connect_timeout=10 -o allow_other sal1:undefined@10.10.10.51:21/
          0 directories and 0 files found at root path

TEST-STEP - Mounting - Success - storage is accessible​
          After that failure and the fact that I need to go through challenges to allow anything else but unsecure FTP to work, I gave up and went back to 0.9.60

Comment

hello, I used FileZilla_Server-0_9_60_2 version for this, you must enter the id password on the ICMP server point, if you have done this, you must open all ports in windows

3.png 2.png 3.png 2.png
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X