DCI card battery out of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCI card battery out of power

I met a GDC 2100 server, the inside of the DCI card, may also be called media block, the above a dead battery, is two AAA batteries, really has out of power, I use a voltmeter to test, only 0.2 v, so the server has been unable to drive this DCI card, I got two new batteries installed, still doesn't work, is there any way to use this card, I know is batteries cause safety certificate lost, if the system is no longer play the encrypted DCP file can also use this card yet ? (I think so because the TI board in my series 1 projector is also dead battery , but can still play unencrypted sdi or dvi signals.) this server is too old, and I don't think GDC can help us.

You'll have to contact GDC support, but I'm fairly certain the only solution is to replace the media block. (You are correct, that is the name of this part.)

Comment

Thank you, Ken
      I have contacted GDC. But they said the server was too old, they didn't have the media block for the repair, or it was too expensive. Is there any way to save this server? At least let it play unencrypted DCP files. Now the server can't drive the DCI card.
      Darry

Comment

Yep! The standard replacement interval for those batteries is every 5 years. You need a special power adapter to plug on to the media block when changing those batteries. If you pull the two in there to change them with out the special power adapter, then that will also kill the board.

Mark

Comment

Thank you, Mark This server has been out of use for a long time. For the two batteries in series voltage 3 v, now only 0.2 v, Should be the certificate is lost, but I just want to let the server play not encrypted DCP files, but now the server can not output signal, my series 1 projector TI board after losing the power can still play not encrypted SDI or DVI signal. Darry

Comment

If you're only going to play non-encrypted files and you don't need the automation features of the server, you can probably use something like NeoDCP as an alternative on relative modern PC hardware via DVI or HDMI, whatever is supported by your projector.

Comment

Working...
            X