Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arts Alliance Screenwriter placeholder question

Hiya

In my Screenwriter, I have only one placeholder option which is for credit offset. That's fine and it works well, however I would like another to take the 'Curtain Close' macro but I don't see any way of creating another. If I select 'new' it does not give me an option to add a placeholder but instead it's just a macro option.

Anyone know if it's possible to make another placeholder? Using version: 2.4.1.1-393

The credit offset macro is kind of a unique macro pack from what I remember. You set the cue you use for lights, and then drag the macro onto a clip and specify a time it should be executed. I don’t think it is possible for end users to add another similar macro placeholder with that function.

I think you would be able to add a curtain close cue in the credit offset placeholder, but you will have to set a time for it after the light cue. For example you could have house lights at 00:00:00 and then curtains close at 00:02:00 on the same placeholder, although I think this would cause issues as it will vary on the content.

It might be best just adding the curtain close cue directly onto the clip in the playlist. Alternatively you could add the light cue directly to the clip and then use the credit offset placeholder for curtain close.

Comment

• John Wilson
      John Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that's what I was thinking and will probably go for that last option. Can't change the title of it either though so may cause confusion. I wonder why they only made one placeholder...
Working...
X