Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOREMI IMS1000 lost their time/date

Hello everybody (it’s me again).

One of our DCI system, a BARCO DP2K SX + DOREMI IMS1000, unnused for 18 months (but powered up every month/ 2 months but not checked on these boot-ups ), has lost their time/date and we don’t know how to set the time again.
    This make “turn red” the security manager (I suspect).

We connected the Eth0 (dhcp) to a router with internet, and try to make it update from an NTP server, but we get a message like “can not reach NTP server”.

Before comming here, I asked Dolby people, and they just told me to throw away the server and buy a new one, because is not supported yet .

Any idea?

Thanks!!
    JuanJo

Unfortunately that is correct. Losing RTC means losing the certificates, which can only be restored by Dolby. If Dolby is not supporting that server anymore, then you will need to find another cinema server solution.

Comment

My guess is that the two-monthly power ups weren't for long enough to recharge the certificate/RTC battery enough. Dolby's advice is that it should be powered up for "one day" (by which I infer 24 hours).

Comment

You should try to find the real reason the security manager returns a RED status code by connecting a screen to the Console Out. If the security manager lost its time and certificate, then it's over, but there may still be some hope left if the issue is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
          You should try to find the real reason the security manager returns a RED status code by connecting a screen to the Console Out. If the security manager lost its time and certificate, then it's over, but there may still be some hope left if the issue is something else.
          Well, the IMS1000 has not screen output. We connect it throgh an IP number to their web based user interface, and most of it seems to be ok (storage raid, etc...), but the hour/date, the red dot in the security manager and the marriage status, that say it's "unkonow" (while the projector itself is in green color both the status led and the "key" button light).

There is a section in the web UI like a console (like the CMD in windows, but when I try to enter with the "root" user and password (I have), I can't, and I don't have the command list used in this command window.

Any way to check if there is any problem with certificates?

There is NO messages regarding the certificates...

Thanks all of you your help and messages.

Regards.
          JuanJo

Comment

There is never an explicit message about certificates on these servers. But if the secure clock is red, then that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Jose Garcia Calvo View Post
              Well, the IMS1000 has not screen output. We connect it throgh an IP number to their web based user interface, and most of it seems to be ok (storage raid, etc...), but the hour/date, the red dot in the security manager and the marriage status, that say it's "unkonow" (while the projector itself is in green color both the status led and the "key" button light).
              Sorry, I've confused it with the IMS2000 and 3000, who both have a "Console Out" port. Can you tell us what the colors of your SM1...4 LEDs are?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post

Sorry, I've confused it with the IMS2000 and 3000, who both have a "Console Out" port. Can you tell us what the colors of your SM1...4 LEDs are?
                Take a look to these pictures:

8F31002A-A640-4738-B0AA-B2A983DD2A8A.jpeg
                632858A7-E302-4193-A46C-6FDEE31FB24A.jpeg

F1827CAC-14DF-48B8-85D7-00AFB6B4A7AB.jpeg

Indon’t know what you
                mean with SM1.. to SM4 leds…
                sorry

Regards
                Attached Files

Comment

SM1 is RED...that is a FIPS Lock. It is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Jose Garcia Calvo View Post

Take a look to these pictures:

Indon’t know what you
                    mean with SM1.. to SM4 leds…
                    sorry

Regards
                    The security manager LEDs are placed somewhat confusing. You can see the SM label and the lines pointing towards the numbers. As you can see, the LED indicated with "1" is RED, that's the SM1 LED.

Unfortunately, this means "FIPS Lock", just like Steve already indicated. This means, the SM lost its time and/or certificate. Since the IMS1000 is no longer supported, that unfortunately means that you need to replace it...

Comment

Working...
                    X