Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Barco DP2K-15C issue

Hello everyone,

we are experiencing a red mist filter flicking over image in our projector, and we are losing shows as of this moment.

any thoughts?

Similar scenario as this one. If you are not a trained tech, all you can realistically do on your own is to pull, contact clean, and reseat the ICP, IMB/S, and CCB (and even then, only if you're comfortable clearing the DCI tamper afterwards). Beyond that, the next thing to check would be the backplane to light engine connections, followed by the formatters themselves. That requires someone who has been trained to do the necessary internal surgery.

Comment

A hard reboot appears to have eliminated it for the moment, though I saw it pop up again for a second. Looked into my ICP logs and saw a “signature test failed” show up, but only on one of the times that I had the red mist. Will likely reseat, as soon as I’m sure I know how to remarry. Thank you

Comment

The ICP signature test fail is common on Series 2 Barcos. Cinionic themselves have told me to ignore it when that entry fails in the self tests, and I look after projectors that have run without trouble for many years with that test failing on every PM visit.

Comment

So it is unlikely that failed test at all brought the red static?

Comment

I don't see how the signature test failure will be directly related to the red static you've seen. It's also not clear if it's the ICP or maybe the formatter or maybe even the red DLP chip itself. A reboot can temporary resolve problems, but lingering hardware issues usually keep returning. Let's hope your problem has been fixed for now and it was just a temporary glitch.

Comment

Working...
            X