Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the oldest and/or highest mileage DCI projector you have in service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When "Star Wars Episode 1" came out, somebody from corporate office at Cinemark called up our theater saying that there was suspicion that somebody had run an unauthorized screening. We tried to tell them that there wasn't even a time window when the movie could have been screened. There couldn't have been a time during the day for an extra show to be run and it only could have been done at some time like 3:00 a.m. when the theater was closed and locked up. They still said that we couldn't prove that an extra show had been run.

Finally, I went through our projector log books. We kept detailed records of the hour meters from the day the projectors were installed. Every lamp change and every major maintenance item was logged to the hour on the meter. I was able to show that there was only about an hour's worth of unaccounted time on the projector where they claimed an unauthorized show would have been run.

I wrote up a page showing the math and turned it in. The problem went away and nobody ever bothered us about unauthorized shows again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon McLeod View Post
      We have one that is a engineering prototype for the NC2500 still operating
      I think all the S-1 were prototypes. At least they sure looked like it.... But like the S-2, they were reliable.

Comment

There is a Barco DP100 running at a screening room in Marin County, CA. The Oakland Museum of California has a Christie CP2000-H.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post

There were quite a few NC-1600's and NC-2500's in the Salt Lake City area. Most were Dolby Leases. Those things were practically bullet proof but they were rats nests of wiring. They took care of the rats nest via the S-2 projectors

I have an NEC 1600A-C. It was new in late 2009. I purchased it out of a bankrupt theater in Hazard Kentucky for my Drive IN Theater 6 seasons ago. Not sure the hours, but I have not put any money into it so far. I have had to a Dolby DSS 100 Server on it. Its still running fine so far. Fingers Crossed and knock on Wood! I would purchase another NEC. Never heard to much bad about them.

Comment

Still have 3 DP2000s running regular daily duty at our multi. I think we are the 3rd theater they've been at, and they've all had light engines and other big parts thrown at them over the years. We're frequently battling coolant leaks. They look good though.

Comment

Working...
            X