Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qube delivers trailers and ads over cellular

https://www.dcinematoday.com/dc/pr?newsID=5916

I thought Qube went bust once the servers were no longer useful...? It might work ok over 5G once it is actually up to snuff. Right now the speeds around here are no where near 1 gig, actually about 650 mb. Although it IS everywhere I seem to drive. I think they still have to upgrade the networks feeding the 5G sites before the full bandwidth can be utilized.

Comment

Last I heard their servers were still available

Comment

Well, they stopped all support of them in the Northern Hemisphere. Plus, who mi9n their right mind would buy a server that runs on an obsolete OS? All the Qubes I encountered were quickly replaced with US or Chinese built stuff. Well, the reality is that it's all Chinese.

Comment

Qube is more busy in the mastering and electronic distribution area and software products now than with servers. They make most of their current business in India. Cellular/5G distribution may actually make sense there, it is probably faster to deploy than wired distribution networks in remote areas of this huge country. The cinema business in India is huge.
          Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 02-01-2022, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X