Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EclairPlay and Deluxe

Hi all !

So Deluxe bought EclairPlay, (in November) I guess so they could add it to their new internet based content delivery service.
    Does anybody know when Deluxe plans to start making use of Eclair's network ?
    I haven't d/l'ed any movies via Eclair in months (and its $100 a month .....) so I was going to get rid of it.
    But .... if I can start getting everything through it (and not for $100) maybe I should wait to ditch it ?

Does anybody have info on this ?

Thanks !!

I guess that ultimately, if you get to keep it or not depends on if it is compatible with Deluxe's system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
      I guess that ultimately, if you get to keep it or not depends on if it is compatible with Deluxe's system.
      I'm thinking that they bought them so that they could use their existing network and equipment ... but we'll see

Comment

There's a thread about their new eCinema service that is launching. We JUST received our server 6 days ago. It's a QNAP TS-453DU with 4x 4TB Seagate IronWolf NAS drives in it. It has two 2.5G ethernet ports, one for our media network and one for internet. We're about to rack it tomorrow and see how it works to ingest movies instead of receiving the drives. We pay $40 per drive now and when moving to eCinema, it will cost $25 per feature that we book. They don't have trailers on the service yet so we'll still receive TrailMix drivers but they said that's coming in the future. So we'll save $15 per feature and there is no upfront cost for the server or service. It's owned by Deluxe and I assume they'll repair or replace the hardware if there's issues.

http://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/m...ng-in-december

Comment

Originally posted by Darin Steffl View Post
          There's a thread about their new eCinema service that is launching. We JUST received our server 6 days ago. It's a QNAP TS-453DU with 4x 4TB Seagate IronWolf NAS drives in it. It has two 2.5G ethernet ports, one for our media network and one for internet. We're about to rack it tomorrow and see how it works to ingest movies instead of receiving the drives. We pay $40 per drive now and when moving to eCinema, it will cost $25 per feature that we book. They don't have trailers on the service yet so we'll still receive TrailMix drivers but they said that's coming in the future. So we'll save $15 per feature and there is no upfront cost for the server or service. It's owned by Deluxe and I assume they'll repair or replace the hardware if there's issues.

http://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/m...ng-in-december
          Yeah, I'm aware of this also. I'm sure they acquired Eclair to get their existing customer base, both in the USA and internationally. I'm just curious to know if anybody has heard anything specifically about the existing eclair customers and when they might start getting Deluxe regular content. .

Comment

I would email them and see if they can provide some guidance.

ecinema@bydeluxe.com

Comment

Working...
            X