Barco 2k 12c service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco 2k 12c service manual

Barco 2k 12C service manual.Where can I find a complete one?
    I tried the Barco site and online search but basically unable to find/download.
    Thanks and Happy New Year

You have to register with Barco. I don't know what criteria they have (e.g. you might have to be a dealer). They are definitely restricted behind a suitable login.

Comment

I am registered at the Barco site and some manuals are available
      e. g. Installation, Communicator, etc. But not Service Manual, l guess they don't trust us equipment owners.

Comment

You should contact your supplier/dealer/integrator, they should be able to give you the manual or give you the appropriate permissions on the myBarco site.

Comment

Barco has always required training (to sell, even) let alone service their products. I'm sure that they would consider publishing their service manuals would give many a false sense of capability. I don't think Barco restricts theatre owners from attending (paying for) service training.

Comment

found one, along with a false sense of capability

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
              Barco has always required training (to sell, even) let alone service their products. I'm sure that they would consider publishing their service manuals would give many a false sense of capability. I don't think Barco restricts theatre owners from attending (paying for) service training.
              Manufacturers are known to structure their sales and service channels differently around the globe. Right now, there are no hard restrictions on who can subscribe for the service trainings, at least not over here in Europe. In fact, some chains here do employ their own trained service technicians.

Comment

Some manufacturers regard service training as a profit center, and require you to have done it in order to have access to firmware updates, service manuals, and so on. Others do, but don't charge for the training (though of course you still have to pay for flights, hotel, etc. if the training is OOT). Personally, I'm torn on this issue. I understand the technically advanced end user who feels roadblocked by not being able to download updates, etc. I was once in that position myself. But I'm also empathetic with the mindset that if you want to service my equipment in the field, I need to be satisfied that you know how to do it right, and I've seen you doing it right; because if you do it wrong and that causes problems, my reputation for reliability is unfairly impacted. As against which, the right to repair arguments kick in.

I've attended OEM trainings, and created and delivered my own training for MiT installations (usually bespoke, for specific equipment integration combinations). IMHO, the most sensible and ethically defensible approach is to require field techs to attend training and pass the test at the end of it, but not to charge an up-front fee for that training. With this arrangement, the OEM is effectively saying to the dealer: "We need to be sure that your techs know what they're doing when they're installing our stuff in the field, and we understand that a plane ticket, some hotel nights, and 2-3 days out of the field is a significant cost to you: but we will shoulder the training delivery costs at our end, and give your techs the opportunity to interact with ours, and go back out feeling supported when they're trying to get our stuff working well for end users."

Comment

I would imagine a lot of calls go to manufacturers/tech support for really noob questions. It is relatively rare that I lean on a manufacturer for support and if I'm contacting them, you can bet, before they ask, they have a lot of data in their hands including what I have already done that has lead to the service ticket being opened.

When we've been the consultant on an installation (not the installer), we do require that any contractor wishing to bid on the project has to supply a factory trained technician for the installation/commissioning of the equipment. There was a university that comes to mind where the A/V contractor that won the project, that was supposed to supply qualified/trained cinema technicians didn't quite do so when it came to the digital cinema projector (they did for the film projectors...I guess they didn't look enough like A/V equipment)...I got a call (RFI) claiming our electrical spec was wrong based on the manufacturer's requirements for the digital projector. The spec was correct, the inexperienced technician guiding the electrician was wrong (this stuff is designed to be hooked up most anywhere in the world and how one connects up the power can vary based on what sort of power is normal for the locale). Because the message came to me as matter-of-fact "incorrect specification" I sent it back to them with the quierry where their certified technician was as the hook up was well documented. That is just a single-simple case-in-point be multiply that by every installation and every issue and it can be 100,000s of such questions that should be able to be handled at the local level by a trained person.

I do "get" that a great bit of the factory training is BS and if you are someone, like myself, that has been to many, seen most equipment, it is sort of like having to take driver's ed after driving cars for quite a few years. Then again, some of the training is quite informative and you'll pick up things that you'll never really get from the manual(s) because you are interacting with people that have actually had their hands on the equipment. For a case in point, I was at training session for the Barco S4 projectors...before I left there, I had already, essentially had 99% of the tools I'd need to service that projector ordered and waiting for me when I got home because the training, effectively showed that a rather small collection of tools is all it needs and that having a long T20 driver (and 300mm in length) covers about 95% of the fasteners you'll encounter on them. The service manual will tell you what driver you need, sure...but are you going to read 100s of pages of a manual and take notes that reveal...hey, they use that T20 a lot or that, in one case, having a 300mm long shank will be needed for the light-engine? No. You'll get the T20, if you don't have one and the day when you have to swap a light engine you'll have to scramble to get a long one...or that performing the Scheimpflug on the S4...yeah they (the manual(s) tell you the sizes but perhaps some tools will make this easier (and more successful than others). And that is on top of actually getting your hands onto and inside of the equipment so when you have to do it in the field, there will be, at least to some degree, familiarity with it.

I'll say this, I've never not picked up some good information by going to one of these training sessions...even the ones that I consider to be little more than reading me their power-point presentations (I hate those...I can read your power point at my own pace. There is also the benefit that you meet, fellow technicians, that can be a resource as well as friends. One is not going to know or experience everything...having a greater pool of people to network with can be a benefit. At the training session, you'll have seen them work, to a degree. It normally doesn't take long to figure out the ones that have "the goods."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag
                    ...for that performing the Scheimpflug on the S4...yeah they (the manual(s) tell you the sizes but perhaps some tools will make this easier (and more successful than others).
                    They tell you that you need a 5mm and an 8mm T-handle Allen, but not that it needs to be longer than the lens. Of course this becomes glaringly obvious once you're in the field with ones that aren't, but forewarning you of banana skins like that is something that OEM training can do.

Comment

Working...
                    X