GDC SR-1000 Charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDC SR-1000 Charging

This is a bit of locking the door after the horse is gone, but does the GDC SR-1000 need to be charged every few days like the Christie IMB it replaced?
    I forgot to look into that before I left for a couple of weeks.
    It did come on line and ingested a feature. Just trying to determine best practice.

Since I'm currently closed I've gone back to the routine that I was using during the big shutdown in 2020. I turn all of the equipment on twice a week and run it for about a half-hour. Everything runs right up to the point of actually playing a movie. Every second week I'll play a "show" consisting of 30 minutes of trailers.

This worked fine during 2020 and I had no issues at all when I reopened after three and a half months, so I'm hoping for the same result this time.

Comment

These more recent IMBs are a lot less susceptible to battery related problems. Your SR-1000 also should have been installed fairly recently, so your battery should keep a good while.

https://www.sonicequipment.com/wp-co...cal-Notice.pdf

Comment

Like the SX-3000 and 4000, the SR-1000 uses a pair of one-time lithium batteries. The computer I'm currently at doesn't have access to my work files, so I can't tell you off the top of my head what the model number is or the recommended swapout interval. IIRC, they are Tadiran batteries with pin contacts, but not the same model as is used in the SX-3000 and 4000. For the SX-3000, the recommendation is every 18 months if the unit is unpowered and on the shelf, rising to three years if it's running 12 hours a day, seven days a week, IIRC. I'm guessing that it's similar for the SR-1000.

Comment

The SR-1000, as some other GDC IMBs, uses rather unusual 'pinned' button cells, in this case, Tadiran TL-5934:

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/4...34-1111102.pdf

A couple of weeks should be no problem for an SR-1000 that has been installed and operated during the past year, as I remember. Not sure about other potential battery related issues with the Solaria One that houses your SR-1000.

- Carsten
          Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 12-30-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I've found that battery lifetime varies greatly by model For instance, the SX-2000AR will FAR outlast an SX-3000, despite being essentially the same IMB. I've seen SX-2001A batteries go darn near 10 years

But, back OT...the SR-1000 uses single-use batteries and should be fine with being down a couple of months, providing it isn't at the end of a 4-year stint. GDC recommends to change them every 4.5 years. The SR-1000 does use a larger battery than the SX3000/SX4000 one. They are physically larger and use 3-pins versus 2. It is the Tadiran TL-5934

Comment

Those tadrain batteries do NOT get any charge from the system. When they're dead.... they're dead and you lose the certificate... I'd be more concerned about the projector knowing it's the Solaria....

Comment

Solaria One don't differ substantially from other Christie series 2 (the PIB is simpler, as LD part is not populated, ICP is the same). The main difference from this point of view was.. the IMB-S2 But that's not more a problem

Comment

Working...
                X