No announcement yet.

Deluxe "eCinema" delivery service is coming in December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah we tried the cables both ways but kept getting the "Unable to mount" message from our server. (GDC SX3000) I suspect it is the username or password, -- assuming it's unique to each venue...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Blakesley View Post
      Yeah we tried the cables both ways but kept getting the "Unable to mount" message from our server. (GDC SX3000) I suspect it is the username or password, -- assuming it's unique to each venue...?
      This is what they told me only after it didn't work several times. I'm not sure why this wasn't included in the original setup instructions. It doesn't appear unique for each venue so I assume yours is the same. Did you verify you can ping the QNAP from your GDC and they can ping you?

Username: deluxeftp
      PW: dcp*download

Comment

Originally posted by Darin Steffl View Post

Username: deluxeftp
        PW: dcp*download
        That's the same info they gave us and it worked fine with our IMS3000 units once we got the cabling right.

Comment

We are good to go. I had to work at my day job alone all day, so besides me running back and forth to swap cables around and reboot a few times, our technician talked with Deluxe and got things lined up. They said they are going to start downloading content to us "immediately" but we already got our next movie via hard drive (The Batman) so maybe it'll be trailers, unless they plan to drop The Batman in as a test.

Comment

They told us we'll start getting movies via broadband after Batman, since ours already shipped via HDD. Trailers are not coming until later this year they said.

I'm excited to start saving some money and not have to deal with drives anymore.

Comment

I also noticed they installed a folder called "Keys" so it'll be nice not to have to mess with those anymore too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Blakesley View Post
                I also noticed they installed a folder called "Keys" so it'll be nice not to have to mess with those anymore too.
                I've already asked these questions and keys will not be delivered this way "yet". Trailers and keys are coming later this year. For now, it's just new movies and nothing else.

I'll also be happy to get keys this way so we can be done using a flash drive to transfer from a computer.

Comment

So we got our Deluxe FilmVault installed and all set up right after our "The Batman" hard drive arrived. So, no content has been delivered to the FilmVault yet. I was hoping "The Batman" would only be a two-week title so we could try the Film Vault out on whatever is coming in Friday, but alas, the Bat will be hanging around another week. To quote Gru from the Despicable Me movie -- "I have needles and pins that I'm sitting on."

Comment

They're making you hold it a third week? We're only keeping it two weeks and then have "Dog" for one week starting Friday. Are they making you keep it a third week because it's doing well there? Uncharted did better for us than Batman. I'm not sure if it's too long and dark for our family town or what but it did not do good business here. Kid movies are the best for us so we're looking forward to Sonic 2 and The Bad Guys.

I've been told Dog should the first delivery for us via broadband.

Comment

• Yes, the second week blew up better than I thought it would (we were only down something like 35% from the first week). We wanted to do "Dog" as well, but it was not to be. So our first e-delivery will likely be Lost City for the 25th.

Comment

• I need to contact Deluxe. I filled out the inquiry and was told I meet the qualifications and never heard anything again....

Im excited to be done with hard drives.

They really put pressure on us to hold Bat a third week as well. Booker said take a hike and we're going Dog. I'll be interested in seeing what Lost City will do, we almost took it but going Morbius instead. Tons of excitement for Dog though.

Comment

• Dog should do good at our family theatre.

The download just started to our QNAP server and it's running a steady 100 Mbps which means the 172GB download should take roughly 4 hours to complete. Much faster and easier than waiting for a drive, cutting the zip tie, ingesting it, then sending it back later. I can literally run our theatre from anywhere with internet after this. I'm looking forward to trailers and keys coming later this year too!

Comment

• We had a small glitch with ours - we had a very brief power "blip" on Sunday which caused our projector to shut itself down, and unbeknownst to me it also powered-down the QNAP server. I got an email about it from Deluxe today and got it restored. Our next movie just got booked into the system yesterday, so hopefully it'll start arriving soon. (Lost City)

Comment

• Mike, have them turn on the setting to power on when power is restored. Or in other words, restore last known boot status. So if it was in before the power went out, it should turn back on and if it was off, it should stay off.

They had ours programmed to turn off every weekend to automate a reboot but it never turned back on. It took them 3 tried to disable the timed shutdown before they figured it out.

It definitely feels like they don't know how it works yet. Lots of little bugs on their end like which ethernet port to use, the power up and power down settings, etc.

I'm sure it will get better as they learn more. Once Dog finished downloading last night, I got an automated email notifying me it's ready for us to ingest. I thought that was nice so we didn't need to check manually if it was done.

Comment

• Wow, you guys are lucky. Batman was minimum 4 week policy or Subrun. And yes Uncharted doing much better. Batman must be doing well in the metros, as regionals not so much.
                                In Australia, there is now a race by two companies trying to get eDelivery boxes out asap. Free install, free dedicated Internet-connection to go with it. A few small fries dropping out of the market.
                                Nothing is free. I really dislike this free dedicated link. (I already have really fast links, I don't need another one) Your paying for it indirectly and is a form of lockin.
                                Personally I don't care how I download the DCP. Their box, mybox with an app. Its all the same to me.
                                Due to the numerous boxes cinemas install, I created a AUTO-Ingest feature in the cinema-catcher-app. It scans the "BOX" from each supplier 1-2 times per day, ingests it onto a computer of your choice (i.e. something with proper disk IO etc), does a clairmeta QC check, sends the operator a report of it arriving and the QC status. Auto deletes content as required. Set and Forget. And is also a FTP ingest source for all the content it captures (hence the name cinema-catcher-app). Also allows you to ftp query any IP address, and scan for a DCP, and ingest it. Good for moving DCPs around between sites (If permissible).

Comment

Working...
                                X