Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Cox
    replied
    They seem to just do some kind of a diff on the trailer directory, probably using something like rsync, so the weekly file transfer for trailers doesn't really amount to that much.

The trailers just get updated each week by magic, and I don't even notice anything happening until they send me an email saying "here's the new stuff".

Leave a comment:

• Darin Steffl
    replied
    Our trailmix download also started yesterday. They sent us a drive too. The download isn't finished yet, probably because each trailer downloads separately then there a 1-5 min delay until the next one starts. I reported this behavior to them today and they said they'll fix it in the future so there's less idle time between each trailer file.

They didn't announce this to us, I just noticed it in the deluxe portal then checked our router graphs to see the download happening.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Dent
    replied
    We just got a trailer package uploaded out of the blue. 750GB of stuff

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    Seems like we're the guinea pigs; when they start sending stuff over the Internet we're the ones who get it first and they see what happens. I suppose "Canadian theatre" is as good subset as any.

Now that the movie distribution thing seems to be working smoothly, it's time to move onto the trailers....

Leave a comment:

• Darin Steffl
    replied
    I emailed their support tonight and they said the email to Frank is only for Canadian theaters. Trailmix is not ready for US theaters yet but it is coming eventually.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Blakesley
    replied
    I am hopeful that keys will be on the Deluxe sooner than later. For the second movie in a row now, the "One" portal has not worked and I've had to get it out of my email. Not much difference or more work or anything, but it's just kind of irritating to go through the whole Deluxe One log-on process and then have it not work.

I just got an email stating that the Trailmix will be sent by the "eCinema" delivery starting next week.
    I never get these emails from them either, but I do get the key emails and the ones saying a movie has been downloaded to the FilmVault. Maybe they're not deploying TrailMix content to the US yet.

Leave a comment:

• Darin Steffl
    replied
    Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post

As stated before and repeated by James (and now me), the TrailMix service is free, at least for now.
    Good to know. I have not read that trailmix is free until James posted. No one posted before him that I recall but thanks for confirmation.

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    Originally posted by Darin Steffl View Post
    Also, are you billed for TrailMix drives normally? My movie booker said we were supposed to be charged $40 per DCP for trailers so we only signed up for once a month delivery but I've never received an invoice for TrailMix drives, only movies. I never said anything because it seemed like we were getting lucky. This was after I purchased my Theatre in March 2020 and reopened in March of 2021 so maybe Deluxe forgot to bill us for it during Covid times.
    As stated before and repeated by James (and now me), the TrailMix service is free, at least for now.

Leave a comment:

• James Wyrembelski
    replied
    I've never been charged for Trailmix.....only films.

Leave a comment:

• Darin Steffl
    replied
    Also, are you billed for TrailMix drives normally? My movie booker said we were supposed to be charged $40 per DCP for trailers so we only signed up for once a month delivery but I've never received an invoice for TrailMix drives, only movies. I never said anything because it seemed like we were getting lucky. This was after I purchased my Theatre in March 2020 and reopened in March of 2021 so maybe Deluxe forgot to bill us for it during Covid times.

Leave a comment:

• Darin Steffl
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
    I just got an email stating that the Trailmix will be sent by the "eCinema" delivery starting next week.
    I'm still not getting emails from Deluxe like that. Can you share the entire email like the "From" address, subject, and body so I can open another ticket with them? I'd sure like to receive the same announcements everyone else is.

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    That's like 6 hours or so worth of trailers? You could hold a trailer-marathon with that.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied

For the WK 15 initial rollout, we expect the transmission time to take 1-2 days due to the final file size: ~750GB for English/French and ~450 for English only. After this first initial send, the speeds will increase as only new trailer content will be synced each week.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Blakesley
    replied
    Normally I get our keys from the Deluxe One portal because it's faster/easier than the email, but I've had the occasional issue with the portal. With our current feature, the key to this day still shows as "pending" even though I received the emailed version as usual. So I just used that for the movie. I wonder if having the FilmVault installed had anything to do with this -- although it's not the first time it's happened.

Leave a comment:

• James Wyrembelski
    replied
    Speaking of Morbius....make sure you double check your keys. Deluxe is apparently having an issue with this title.

My particular problem was a little unique in that the server claimed the keys were expired. The tech that helped me sent a new generated key directly from her account and they worked but the new ones they sent right after that ingested but didn't have an associated cpl. Apparently the problem most are having is that the server shows Morbius unlocked but when it goes to play the title it claims the key is invalid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X