Help Idendifing "Mystery File" In DCP CPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Idendifing "Mystery File" In DCP CPL

I'm trying to "save a show" for a venue that waited till the last minute to download a big (appx 125gb) file for a show on Friday.
    I've done the download a home because I have an excellent high-speed direct fiber-to-my-desktop internet connection.
    I'm looking at the files in the DCP, and I see this "extra" one that is unfamiliar to me. Anybody have any idea what it is or
    what it is for? Or will it make the content unplayable?

ExtraFile.jpg

Normally, I'd give a quick check of it on my server here at home, but I've temporarily got it disconnected while I'm
    doing some re-arrangement of my apartment. I won't have time to get to a "real' server till much later today, and
    "the clock is ticking" on how much time I have to deal with this. THANKS!

I suspect it's a file that was added somewhere along the line by a ReadyNAS network storage device.

I have a Qnap fileserver that wants to add files named .@_thumb files into all of the directories on the device unless you specifically disable that function, so my guess is that ReadyNAS has something similar that adds ReadyNAS-Storage.lnk files on their fileservers.

Comment

That file should not be in your DCP. It probably won't hurt, but it really doesn't belong in there. It's probably a Windows Link file (also known as shortcut) to your or someone else's NAS that got copied in there haphazardly. As such, I'm pretty confident you can just trash it.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the DCP.
        It I won't do any harm but it doesn't belong there.

Comment

Working...
        X