No announcement yet.

Datasat AP25 - several questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't vouch for every cheapo connector made in China.
    Have you checked the thing? I have a bunch of them that act as in-line repeaters. While this works pretty well for anything up to 1080p60, anything getting close to 4K will simply not work at all, even though at least one of them claims to be capable of handling 4K@60p 4:4:4...

Keep in mind that the sink device can detect a degraded video signal or it may simply lose the clock signal. This may also trigger a renewed handshake.

Comment

I was able to run 4K on that line - still, it would re-handshake again every now and then.

My professional experience with HDMI says that it's a big can of worms. HDMI was never designed for professional use with splitters and matrixes in the way unfortunately. Every manufacturer has its own way to implement it and when something goes wrong they will always blame the other end of the cable!

Don't get me wrong: it can work. But things are also likely to get weird at times and sometimes there is no solution.

Comment

I was finally able to test the hdfury Integral 2 (which I am normally using to copy the signal sent to the projector to the booth monitor) as an EDID emulator between the computer and the Datasat. I read the Datasat EDID and saved it to the Integral 2, and that worked fine! Could switch back and forth between sources without issue. I will get another hdfury device as a permanent solution. I am still weary of updating any driver/software without having several hours of testing available ahead, so it is the better solution.

Comment

Working...
        X