Doremi Captiview License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi Captiview License

We recently purchased the Captivew device and I've been having issues setting it up. It came with the wireless transmitter. I followed the instructions with the manual and contacted Dolby for the license. They replied by saying that for quite some time now they haven't required a license to be able to use the wireless device. (Even though the manual instructs you to do so)

I managed to find that the server indicates either the license needs ingested, is expired, or the device isn't supported. We have an NEC900c with the IMS-1000. Tried enabling it to no avail. It even has Captiview already defaulted.

I sent Dolby another email explaining the server is indeed asking for a license. But thought I would ask here if anyone has had such an issue and if there's anything I may be overlooking.

Is it a Dolby-badged IMS1000, or the NEC-badged version? If the latter, it's NEC you need to email for firmware and SM update KDMs, and so I presume that it's them you'd need to ask for feature DLMs, as well.

The last time I installed a bunch of Captiview transmitters, it was in a 'plex full of DCP2000/Dolphin servers (a rush job, because the ADA requirements were about to kick in and they suddenly realized at the last minute that they had no HI/VI/CCAP capability), and I remember that I did have to ask Dolby for DLMs to enable Captiview. The licenses were not on ftp.cinema.dolby.com - I had to open a support ticket and ask for them, and if I remember correctly, they needed either the Dolphin's serial, the Captiview dongle's serial, or both.

Comment

They stopped charging for the license in 2017 at which time I wrote the document at http://ftp.uslinc.com/Products/IRC-2...nse170213.html . However, the link to the license info does not seem to work anymore.

Good luck!

Harold

Comment

Oh ... so "ACC-DCP-LIC" is Captiview? In that case, it is on ftp.cinema.dolby.com:

Captiview_DLM_download.JPG

Assuming that this is a Doremi/Dolby-badged IMS1000, and not an NEC-badged one (in which case the DLM won't be there and you'll need to ask NEC for it), you should just be able to look at the relevant sub-folder for your IMS1000's serial, download the DLM and upload it into your IMS1000 (ingest > upload), reboot it, and you should be all set.

Comment

I tried opening the ftp link before with Chrome, but it did not like it. I think it was due to a self signed certificate. Anyway, as shown above, Filezilla DOES get in if you tell it to trust the certificate.

Harold

Comment

The later firmware should eliminate the need for the license as well as merely installing the license. For NEC badged servers, you do need to get the firmware, SM and software from NEC as well as DLMs. There were no Dolby badged IMS1000s but IMS2000s and up were Dolby badged (and I believe NEC badged IMS2000s but I've never seen one in the flesh).

So, basically, any server that was installed before the IMS3000 came out could need either a firmware update or the license to use ANY caption device (not just the Captiview). Note too, only activate the Closed Captions in Device manager for Captiview. Do NOT activate it for using the QSC/USL UPC system as it will request the timed text files the regular way.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I did hear back from Dolby and when they saw the IMS1000 they realized I do indeed need a license. Asked for the serial and sent a license.

However, this is an NEC badged server.

Comment

Working...
              X