CP65 missing channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP65 missing channels

I have a CP65 with D/A converter that had been in service for years without issues. Recently, the right screen channel and left surround channel have not been working (no sound in auditorium). The led signal indicators on the CP65 and D/A converter show that signal is present for both of these channels. However, I am getting no led activity on the amps for those channels. I swapped the input cables to the amps with other working channels to confirm that the amp is not the issue. I am convinced that the signal is getting to the CP65 but is not being output to the amps. Any thoughts on what could cause this issue?

First, change the small rectangular relays on the back plane. They failed a lot on the CP-55 causing missing channels, and if it's an.older 65 then you may have gotten some of those. I think they ate either yellow or orange in color.

Comment

the bad ones were white with the "STC" logo on them.It is worth changing them though as they are old enough, by now. We normally used Omron G5V series or T&B T82 (as I recall...the ones with bifurcated gold contacts).

Comment

Come to think of it, I believe my relays had yellowed... The next funny thing is it was pulled from the Sundance screening yoom, but, it was also a CP-55 and certainly due for upgrade.

Comment

Working...
        X