Barco SP2K/4K, firmware update, version 1.4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco SP2K/4K, firmware update, version 1.4.0

For everyone's info, this is more than just minor bug fixes. There are several major new additions, the big ones being the ability to do spatial color correction, and change the image orientation (if you wish to hang an SP2K upside down). The full release notes are on MyBarco along with the actual software file; don't feel comfortable uploading the PDF directly here, for copyright reasons.

The ability to invert the image or mirror the image (rear screen) has been there via the ICP program, which talks wit the ICMP-X or ICP-D. A function that does not work, at least not yet and I presume that doesn't in 1.4, is the Anamorphic Factor.

I wonder how many people actually do LUT-SCC calibrations. I've done 1 or 2 and when I did them, it was obvious the need for it (and it did improve things). Its a tedious thing to do but Barco does it better than the rest with their wizard. Far less chance of mistakes.

I'm not uploading or even copying out of the PDF...these are the posted notes (with no Confidential notification):

Release notes

New features:
    • UI is now translated in Italian and Czech
    • LUT-SCC file creation
    • Fast masking adjustment (Holding ALT or SHIFT key will adjust the masking respectively by step 100 pixels or 10 pixels)
    • Lens position can be adjusted using the keyboard arrows
    • Support of image orientation
    • Macro can be sorted by date
    • Notifications generated before the last boot are now visible on the WebCommunicator
    • Troubleshooting checklists can be displayed when expanding the Error and warning notifications
    • The projector from which the Dashboard is generated is now visible on the dashboard
    • Light source color calibration page has been redesigned.
    • Inform user when a macro is used in the user cues before to rename or delete that macro
    • Download a test report after testing the content server configured in Media server / Content page.
    Bug Fixes:
    • Fix an intermittent issue where LCB-CCB communication is broken and light source will be switch off can occur when a dowser (Open/close) command is to close than a light source (On/Off) command.
    Known issue:
    • An intermittent start up error message 'Security event', 'Marriage not active' can be displayed and disappear after some time
    • An intermittent update issue when upgrading from a version lower than 1.2.3 or lower, can lead to the projector staying in idle state at the end of the update process with the warning "Update of ICMP to version ... failed.". Force shutdown of the projector (holding the power button on the CCB for 6 seconds) and turning it back on is needed to bring the system back up and running.

Comment

I've found that the ICP and Enigma Control app can be glitchy when used with an ICMP or ICP-D. All I've ever tried to do with it is to upload my own 1920p and 2160p PNG framing test patterns, for ease of creating alternative content lens and screen files; but even then, it sometimes freezes at the login stage, or fails to populate data when changing tabs.

Agreed - shooting an SCC is not something one has to do often (and on a laser projector, even less often - but might be needed if an individual diode bank is ever swapped out). In my case, only at one or two post houses and homes of film industry professionals, where the complaint has been of uneven color or illumination, and where a lamp triaxial adjustment doesn't fix it to the customer's satisfaction.

Comment

Have you EVER used the 13pt version? If you are at the point of doing an LUT-SCC...I'd think that the 27pt version is the one that you'd want to ensure everything is well covered.

I have not had the issues with the ICP program on the ICP-D or ICMP that you have had. It just logs you out quickly but that is about it. I was using it for screen files, heavily on early versions before Barco got their Web Communicator a bit better. Still, it provides some versatility if one is going to do some scaling or using input files to create PCFs and such. With the Web Communicator, they want to have you do everything their way and there are times that I need to do things my way...especially if I'm creating a PCF where I want the projector to scale say a 1920x1080 source with a Scope image to fill the same raster as a DCP Scope.

Comment

Working...
        X