Latest Sofware for CP2000ZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Sofware for CP2000ZX

What is the latest software for the Christie CP2000ZX?
    I have a projector running on 1.0 .
    There must be newer versions...

Thanks for a reply

Christopher

The most recent version I have is 2.9d (TPC), dated July 3, 2014, and 15.1.52 (TI). Given that this is a Series 1 projector, I'd be surprised if any updates have been released since, but you might like to email support.cinema {at} christiedigital.com, and give them your projector's serial number. I'm sure they'd be happy to supply you with whatever are the current versions of everything for your projector.

Comment

Leo, the TPC is only for the CP2000S series (on S1s), not the ZX or M. I don't have the last version for the ZX/M at my fingertips, at the moment but it is definitely later than 1.0. The TI boards are the same as rest of the S1 projectors so 15.1.52 will be the latest for them. It should be noted that if the battery on the PCM module dies, it will reset its clock and fill up its logs, so changing it is requirement, periodically and setting the clock on the projector.

Comment

Thanks.
        Can I use the BARCO updatetool for the TI software?
        Probably not.
        Is there a special update tool for Christie or is it integrated in the Christie ICP Enigma program?

Comment

There is a specific TI update tool (looks VERY similar to the current ICP/Enigma tool). That works (like the current one) on all three of the OEMs (heck, the current ICP/Enigma even works on the OEM's ICP equivalents). The software tool you need will be with the software update.

I checked and Christie seems to have removed the S1 and earlier stuff from their current website for download (even as a registered dealer). To them, "Discontinued" are for for the more recently discontinued like the CP2208/CP2208LP, CP4325...etc. As such, this will be a support thing to get you the CP2000ZX package. For some reason I think it only ever got up to 1.2 though 1.1 sticks in my mind as the most significant change. I also recall on the TI tool that it not liking Windows 7 and will log out out quickly but if you turn off your Windows firewall that problem is addressed. I've never tried using Windows 10 on it and for S1, I use WinXP (I try to keep laptops of the various eras as they seem to work with equipment of those eras best).

Comment

I checked my records. The Last version of CP2000ZX/M/MR firmware was 3.1.

Note, too, Christie firmware is often required to be updated FIRST before the TI version for the TI version to be recognized.

Furthermore, there are distinct steps one has to go through (Versions)

From the release notes:
            The v3.x software includes drivers for the new flash drive (Numonxy). This software can be safely
            installed on boards with the old flash drive (it is backwards compatible). NOTE: If you are currently
            using v1.1, you must upgrade to v2.x before loading v3.x. This needs to be done because the memory
            layout changed between v1.1 and v2.x.

I don't recall if one has to step through the various TI versions on their way to 15.1.52 but I'd definitely step through 14.0.48. It can be safer to step through the versions (first digit).

There are specific Christie instructions on how they want their stuff updated that are included in the zip files. Since you have a "ZX" your instructions will be for "PCM" rather than "TPC"...if you had a TCP, there would be additional work to update the TPC to recognize the latest TI versions as well.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

I have updated the TI to 15.1.52 without any problems.
              And the projector runs on 1.1 now.
              It is "much" faster.

Does anyone have a taz.2.xx.shar update file?

I have the newest taz.3.1.0.shar and taz.3.1.0.shar but miss the step of version 2.x in between.

Thanks and all the Best

Christopher

Comment

Christopher, please check your direct messages.

Comment

Excellent Information.

Comment

Working...
                  X