CP750 fader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP750 fader

Our CP750 fader has started to be erratic, the equivalent of a scratchy pot. Not had a delve inside yet but is it an optical or mechanical device attached to the rotary shaft to produce the control pulses. Can it be cleaned. Bit disconcerting when you try and tweak the levels during a show and it jumps from 5.5 to 3 when you are trying to turn things up. Ok when run from the GUI but not as convenient.

Probably optical rotary encoder. Cleaning, doubtful. Replaceable, probably, if you can get the part..

Comment

I'm guessing that you'd have to replace the board that mounts vertically onto the front faceplate.

Maybe it's just that dust and crud has got in there, and that getting in between the faceplate and the board with a Datavac or compressed air spray might help.

Comment

To be sure encoder is problem, unsolder it and remove, than you can control from cp750 software, server or other automation. I newer had issue with it on 750, but i remember it was something like other manufacturer use, so it should be easy to get. And i would not br suprised if dolby wants to sell you whole front panel board.

Comment

Working...
        X