No announcement yet.

10 Gb Ethernet in Doremi ShowVault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Linux sources for the kernel Doremi used are still in the archives. Even without the adaptations to the kernel Doremi made, it should be possible to compile those modules as kernel loadable objects (.ko modules), as the modifications Doremi made shouldn't touch the network stack.

As a third option, you could actually ask Dolby for those kernel modifications, since the Linux kernel falls under the GNU/GPL license and you're using a properly licensed piece of software provided by them.

Comment

Played with the sources a little bit and found them to be modified as I was not able to build any network module to be executed. The module loads with all the symbols, but does not execute. The dolphin.ko does not load in modified kernel, so it looks like the module exec way was modified by Doremi due to security reasons. Dolby refused to provide the GPLed kernel sources, but I've not really pushed them, as the 10G adapters found were mostly OK in terms of speed / availability / price and I just did not care at all.

We've then moved to the networked solution, so I stopped looking at that issue anymore

Comment

Working...
      X