Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Displaing contents of a Trail Mix in alphabetical order on Dolby IMS2000/3000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaing contents of a Trail Mix in alphabetical order on Dolby IMS2000/3000?

When we first went to Digital Cinema, all of our servers were from Doremi. In recent years, we have added a Dolby IMS 2000 and a year later an IMS 3000. When trying to ingest content from a Trail Mix DCP, the Doremis automatically list the contents in alphabetical order. The Dolby servers do not do this. I have looked through the manuals but can not find any information on if and how a setting can be changed to allow for this. So far, I have been putting up with looking (and looking and looking) through the random (non-alphabetically listed) contents, which is very time consuming. Can anyone on this forum help me with this? Is it do-able?

That's an easy one - simply click on the "name" column header:

IM3000_listbyname.PNG
    Sounds like another example of manual authors leaving out something that is obvious to a user who is intimately familiar with the software, but not to others. Another example would be the SR-1000 manual failing to tell you the factory default IP address.
    Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 04-11-2021, 11:40 AM. Reason: Afterthought

Comment

Another thing with the IMS2000/3000 is the "search" button, if you know the name you are looking for. It will make getting to what you are after MUCH faster than scrolling. Don't be afraid of "advanced" in the search too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
        That's an easy one - simply click on the "name" column header:

IM3000_listbyname.PNG
        Sounds like another example of manual authors leaving out something that is obvious to a user who is intimately familiar with the software, but not to others. Another example would be the SR-1000 manual failing to tell you the factory default IP address.
        What's also lacking in the UI is something like a little arrow or some cue that indicates the user that those fields are actually clickable. In their current incarnation, they're just labels now. The problem with manuals is that it's often difficult to start searching for what you want, but if the manual is complete, it at least, eventually will be found. None-the-less, I think that most UIs anno 2021 should be made to be mostly self-explanatory.

Comment

As Gomer Pyle used to say..."Thank ye, thank ye, thank ye!"

Comment

That's one irritating thing about the GDC intervace..... the column headers don't do anything. I keep hoping for an improved update.

Comment

Working...
            X