GDC SR 1000 Can't access WEBUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDC SR 1000 Can't access WEBUI

Installed the new GDC IMB 1000 into the Solaria today. Connected and Married. Trying to reach the WEB UI with the IP address that came in the installation instructions. When we type the address into Chrome (one of the two reccommended browsers) we are told the server is not reachable.
    We have tried to plug directly into the IMB, but still no cannot connect. The rest of the network is responding.
    Any ideas as to what we did wrong or how to work around?

Have a call into GDC, but no response so far.

Have you installed the cable from the "gibabit 1" connector on the SR 1000 to the switch or router that talks to the rest of your projection setup? On my setup here, "gigabit 1" connects to the router in the pedestal, and the laptop that I use to control it connects to another port on that same router.

Comment

Frank, right now we are connected directly into the Ethernet port. Per GDC we ran a IP reset script they sent us. After that, we were able to ping the IMB, but not connect to the UI. Do we have to have internet access to do that, or can are we supposed to be able to access it with a direct connection?

Comment

As I said, my laptop is connected to the router that's also connected to the SR1000.

Like this:

"gigabit 1" ----> some port on the router -- another port on the same router <---- laptop

The laptop talks to the router which then talks to the SR1000. You don't need an outside internet connection for that.

As a guess, I'd say that if you have your computer connected directly to "gigabit 1" then you could probably access the UI that way too, but you might need a crossover ethernet cable to be able to use it that way.

Comment

You could try to either connect through a switch or if your projector has a built in router you can connect through that. If you want to connect directly to the GDC you may need a crossover cable but I have never needed one to connect directly to other servers (IMS 2000/3000)

Also this may be a silly question but you did change your laptops IP to be in the same range as the GDC correct?

Comment

The factory default address I have for the SR-1000 is 192.168.1.12: I take it that this is what you've been trying after running the reset script?

Also, can you get through to the barebones VNC UI? If you can see the VNC UI but not the web UI, this would suggest to me that either a port is being blocked somewhere in your LAN, or a browser issue. GDC recommends using Chrome or Firefox in the installation manual. I've also used the SR-1000 web UI with Microsoft Edge, and not experienced any problems.

Comment

Yes, changed the laptop. Have not tried getting trough via VNC. Have tried with both Chrome and Firefox for Win. Had GDC on the line for a while and went through some things. They said to call Christie, so that will be tomorrow's project.

Comment

I checked tonight and discovered that the network cable on my SR1000 is plugged into "gigabit 2", not "gigabit 1" as I stated above. "gigabit 1" has nothing plugged into it at all.

Comment

BTW Frank - Gigabit Ethernet features 'Auto-MDI-X' - that means, you don't need crossover cables for direct connections. They are only needed for older 10/100 interfaces. Even if only one side of the connection is Gigabit, that is sufficient (e.g. a Gigabit port on a projector/server going to an old service laptop 10/100 port.

Comment

Thanks, Carsten. There's a nifty bit of information that I never knew before!

Comment

The weirdness continues. Christie NOC tech couldn't help and is looking for a field tech who may be able to figure out what is going on. That was 2.5 hrs ago.
                      We've tried adding a router between the computer and the projector. No change. This is a Solaria, btw, since I didn't mention that above.
                      When we try pinging the IMB we get not reachable.
                      When using a browser we get redirected to 192.168.1.130 which is Windows Internet Information Services, an ad for Windows . Is that something Windows has installed internally? Neither of the guys I have working on it have ever seen it before.
                      Any of this ringing a bell with anyone?

Comment

The IIS screen is what you see if you put your own address into a browser (i.e. the address of one of the NICs in your computer). I haven't seen it under any other circumstances.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the address for my SR1000 is 192.168.85.11. I can check later to make certain of that.

I have no idea why it has that address, it probably matches the address from the old server that this one replaced. But since you're absolutely stuck here, it won't hurt to try that address and see what happens. Be sure to assign your computer an address on the 192.168.85.xx network address space before trying it, of course.

Comment

@Leo: If you get an IIS page if you surf to your own IP address, you have Internet Information Services installed locally. I can assure you, I don't have that on my notebook. IIS is Microsoft's Web Server thingy, comparable to what Apache and NGINX is for Linux.

@Martin: Have you checked if there isn't any IP conflict on the network? Some other machine using the same IP as the IMS. Maybe even some machine getting it assigned via DHCP. The fact that you get redirected to a page with IIS logo on it, indicates that there probably is a server or other machine, maybe using multiple IPs and redirecting you to that page, due to some forward configured within IIS.

If you open a DOS box and you type in "arp -a", you can see a bunch of IP addresses and their corresponding MAC adresses. You can copy and paste that MAC address into something like https://macaddress.io/, to see what vendor it is. If it is something like Intel, Dell, HP or something other you don't expect, it's almost certain your culprit is a rogue device with a rogue IP address. Knowing the vendor often can help you find the culprit.

Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
                            BTW Frank - Gigabit Ethernet features 'Auto-MDI-X' - that means, you don't need crossover cables for direct connections. They are only needed for older 10/100 interfaces. Even if only one side of the connection is Gigabit, that is sufficient (e.g. a Gigabit port on a projector/server going to an old service laptop 10/100 port.
                            In practice, you're absolutely right. All GigE interfaces should support Auto-MDIX... But... I've had some bad cases of Auto-MDIX malfunctions over the year between different manufacturers, where a cross-cable eventually solved the problem. There are also some rare cases of pre-standard GigE interfaces by Intel and Cisco out there that don't do Auto-MDIX, but it's clear that this isn't the case here.

Comment

1. Have you tried to reboot everything?
                              2. When you say "Trying to reach the WEB UI with the IP address that came in the installation instructions" what do you mean? As it's a Christie, did you changed the SR1000 gateway to 192.168.254.241? If you did so, the server web interface IP is the projector IP (and you have to connect using the projector ethernet port).
                              3. If the reset procedure GDC gave you worked, SR1000 ETH2 IP is 192.168.1.12. Try to connect directly your laptop to ETH2 and set a manual IP in your ethernet interface (like 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0).

Comment

Working...
                              X