Thor volume level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sascha Roll View Post

Actually this is not true, according to my experience. In the last 12-24 months I have seen an increasing number of features that could absolutely, without any issues, being played back at 7.0.
    I don't recall all titles, but it were quite a few. Just lately ELVIS comes to my mind, and of course WEST SIDE STORY (2019), I just screened the latter yesterday at 7.0 and it sounded absolutely superb.
    Top Gun: Maverick and Lightyear would also fit into that category. Hell, Lightyear was still a bit soft even at the level we ran TG:M at.

Read an interesting article with the music and dialog mixer for TG:M where he specifically stated that he doesn't like physically hurting the audience with volume like some other movies do. We need more mixers like this guy out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Dent View Post

Top Gun: Maveric ...would also fit into that category.

Except for the Tom Cruise intro!

Comment

Okay good point. I forgot about that.

Comment

We did not have that Cruise intro in Europe, btw.

West Side Story indeed had a marvelous mix, I think I played it at 6.5, but that was to cater for an audience more on the older side of things. Yes, there are more mixes nowadays than can actually be played at or close to 7. Or, better put, there 'a few' now.

'Elvis' - OV, or the german dubbed version? I had to tame the latter one down to 5.5 from my assumed 5.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
            We did not have that Cruise intro in Europe, btw.
            Lucky you. As was pointed out by a lot of people here that intro sounded terrible and messed with all our volume settings.

Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
            'Elvis' - OV, or the german dubbed version? I had to tame the latter one down to 5.5 from my assumed 5.8
            I ran Elvis at our usual setting. I probably could've juiced it a bit but the dialog was perfectly fine and it sounded good.

Comment

5.5 is indeed our usual setting as well (Datasat). For explicit music films, I usually play them a bit louder, but I noticed that at 5.8 is was a bit much for our audience in some of the more active parts. But we regularly notice a significant level difference between OV and german dubbed versions. Top Gun was very hot for us. I tried to play it louder than standard, but, even for what that crowd would expect, it was too much.

Comment

Working...
              X