No announcement yet.

After Credit Scene Announcement before Film starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1969 movie Candy staring Richard Burton, Marlin Brando, John Astin, James Coburn, John Huston, Walter Matthau, Ringo Starr, and Sugar Ray Robinson among others had the title and all the credits at the end. The movie just starts, rambles on for about 2 hours, and end with the camera moving through all the actors in a field while the title and credits roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Dvoskin View Post
      The only credits I am interested in are the actors, the director, the cinematographer(s), the score composer, the special effects company (don’t care about their employees), locations, and maybe the producer. The rest are vanity credits. As I can look this up online, I rarely stay of any end credits.

What also annoys me it multiple studio/production company logos. This trend is pushing me to watch movies at home where I can fast forward.
      It is annoying. The nice thing about watching movies at home is you can skip this, and skip the end credits, and get back those 15 minutes of your life....

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post

It is annoying. The nice thing about watching movies at home is you can skip this, and skip the end credits, and get back those 15 minutes of your life....

I watch them with even more attention at home, pausing if I need to to catch the name of each and every person listed.

It's a sign of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Dvoskin View Post
          The 1969 movie Candy staring Richard Burton, Marlin Brando, John Astin, James Coburn, John Huston, Walter Matthau, Ringo Starr, and Sugar Ray Robinson among others had the title and all the credits at the end. The movie just starts, rambles on for about 2 hours, and end with the camera moving through all the actors in a field while the title and credits roll.
          There are modern films that do a variant of that too, it's called a "cold open."

Think of how Bond films typically open with the theme and the shot at the camera then action with the opening credits coming about ten minutes in.

Vertigo has perhaps my favorite cold open.
          Last edited by William Kucharski; 04-15-2022, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by William Kucharski View Post

I watch them with even more attention at home, pausing if I need to to catch the name of each and every person listed.

It's a sign of respect.
            It's a sign of OCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Young View Post
              It's a sign of OCD.
              Not at all.

I'm not obsessive about it, I actually want to know.

I've mentioned before I've followed the careers of many crew members by noticing their credits in various films.

Producers and directors certainly, but also cinematographers, clearance agencies, title designers, caterers, consultants, stunt people, and on and on.

Comment

Let's call it Obsessive Credits Discombobulation. :P

Comment

Originally posted by William Kucharski View Post

Not at all.

I'm not obsessive about it, I actually want to know.

I've mentioned before I've followed the careers of many crew members by noticing their credits in various films.

Producers and directors certainly, but also cinematographers, clearance agencies, title designers, caterers, consultants, stunt people, and on and on.
                  That's what my GF's dad used to do. Like I said, he had an almost encyclopedic memory of who worked on which movie and the people they were connected with. A big part of the reason why he could do that was because he watched the credits all the way through.

Okay...So, it was his job but, even if it's not your job, I don't see it as being obsessive, at all.

Comment

There is an IOS (and probably an Android) app called After Credits that will tell you if there are any during the credit scenes, after credits scenes, and let’s the app users thumbs up/down if they feel the scene(s) are worth sitting through the credits for. There is also a spoiler button if you want to find out the content of the scene(s).

Comment

http://aftercredits.com/

No app required.

Comment

Working...
                      X