No announcement yet.

Pepsi shortage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called Coke several times to come and take their dispenser, which sat in our lobby for a few weeks. Finally had to call them and tell them if it wasn't gone by 6:00 it was going in the dumpster. They arrived at about 5:55.
    We did something similar at my day job a long time ago. Our Coke vending machine was wearing out and they wouldn't ever fix it in a timely manner, so we replaced it with Pepsi. The Coke machine sat in the way for about 3 months and we finally just set it outside on the curb. It was picked up the same day -- maybe by Coke, maybe by somebody else, I never did find out who.

Our area Pepsi distributor is a family business that is still run by descendants of the owners. They've always been on the spot with fixes and etc. for the theatre, even during the pandemic. Their warehouse is 85 miles from here and I'm sure we're one of their smaller accounts but they never fail to show up the next day if we have an issue. The head service guy just retired last month after 40 years with them -- I'm gonna miss that guy, there was nothing about soda dispensing he didn't know.

Comment

I like the way that Pepsi treats their customers too. I just wish they would treat the taste of their drink the same way. Not that it's awful, but Coke has always led the way in the taste department. And everyone needs to get rid of the high fructose corn syrup in soft drinks. Mike, Have you ever considered having a display, somewhere, of those unique soft drinks they sell over at the Ace Hardware in Miles City? I bet those would sell really well.

Comment

Many independent establishments, including restaurants and bars around here don't buy from whoever holds the local distribution license for Coke or Pepsi, but via some large wholesale suppliers. They seem to offer a far better service and apparently even offer better prices than they would get via the direct channel, as they buy in such large volumes. This even allows some of them to offer both Coca Cola and Pepsi products, so customers can choose whatever is more to their liking. The only thing they're somewhat missing out of is stuff like free signage, although they seemingly still get a lot of promo material.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Lane View Post
          We use a local soda company. The soda is made with natural ingredients and pure cane sugar. It is amazing soda and it is less expensive than either Pepsi or Coke.
          To get to their company you have to take a small dirt road through some woods before you arrive at their plant which is about the size of a two car garage. It is family owned and operated with some amazing customer service. If you are in the Michigan area, check out Northwoods soda or check for local businesses in your area. There are more options than Pepsi or Coke.
          No supply issues as of yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
          There's an independent fast food restaurant in Brooklyn that has many things on the menu, but specializes in Roast Beef sandwiches. They don't tell you which fountain soda they're using and if you ask for a Coke or a Diet Coke (or a Pepsi for that matter), they don't tell you that's not the brand they're serving. But whatever it is, it's quite horrible. At first I thought that maybe some root beer got mixed with the cola. Then I looked over at the machines and saw no branding. And it's not cheap. I think a cup of soda is $2.75.

Back in the early 90's or so, Royal Crown made Royal Crown Premium Cola. It came in dark glass bottles, had cane sugar and used real cola beans. It was fantastic. Almost tasted like it had chocolate in it. But it didn't sell and it confused the stores, many of whom thought it was beer, so it was discontinued.

Comment

Working...
          X