Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have There Been Any Preview Screenings Of Moonfall yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good one Randy!

Comment

The Pig, Mr. Haney, and the County Agriculture guy were hilarious.
      Now you're talking! That's one of my favorite shows. People who don't like it (they usually say it's too stupid) just don't get it. It's on TV a lot but they chop it up (and run it too fast) so I bought the DVD set.

Comment

I used to like it when Lisa (Eva Gabor) would talk to Arnold the pig but Oliver (Eddie Albert) could never understand what they were saying.

Lisa would always say, "That's because you don't LISTEN!"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Stankey View Post
          I used to like it when Lisa (Eva Gabor) would talk to Arnold the pig but Oliver (Eddie Albert) could never understand what they were saying.

Lisa would always say, "That's because you don't LISTEN!"
          Hank Kimble will figure it out... eventually....
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Randy Posted:
            >"You look like Eva Gabor!"
            >[Blank Stare] "Who's Eva Gabor?"
            >"Za Za Gabor's twin sister."
            >"Who's that?"
            >"Paris Hilton's aunt!"

When my dad passed away several years ago, he was in his mid 90's.
            He thought Paris Hilton was where Charles Lindbergh stayed when he landed.
            ~ I recently told that story to a younger friend. . but he didn't know who Lindbergh was.

I first realized < I > had reached the point in my life when I was officially "over the hill"
            over a decade ago, during the Iraq war. There was a big billboard on a building near
            where I worked which in big letters simply said:

"PEACE ! - -
            John & Yoko"

While waiting to cross the street one day I overheard one 'kid' turn to his friend & ask:
            "John & Yoko ....WHO???"

- - at that point I knew that although I didn't quite yet have 'one foot in the grave', I was
            definitely getting a little closer to the cemetery
            Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 02-02-2022, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I might have just broken out, casually singing:
              You may say I'm a dreamer
              But I'm not the only one.
              I hope someday you'll join us
              And the world will live as one.

Then the crosswalk would turn green and I would walk across the street and into the crowd without even looking back.

Bonus points if you can time it so that the last line comes just as the light changes.
              Last edited by Randy Stankey; 02-03-2022, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Watched about 3/4ths of it today. Pretty much exactly what you think it will be, although I didn't quite get to the big reveal that I could see coming so I don't know how it ends.

The movie looks nice. The effects are clearly effects much of the time but they are well done. The sound mix is very aggressive and has more than a few "Transformers" influences in the sounds of the main space threat. A few impact effects made something behind our screen rattle real good, so bass heads will be happy with this one.

Is it a "good" movie? No. Is it a good "Roland Emmerich" movie? Sure. The guy is basically a brand name by now, and if you meet his movies on their terms, they're usually entertaining enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Stankey View Post
                  We used to watch Space 1999 on Channel-6 (CKCO) from Kitchener, ON.
                  We watched it every day after school. It was followed by another show called "UFO" which we also used to watch religiously.
                  ]
                  Gerry Anderson stated working on a follow up to UFO, which became Space 1999. https://youtu.be/fN2_iAOGdsI

Comment

I went to see it yesterday. Zero Stars. I walked out half way through. Give me any 1950's or 60's sci-fi film, or Vincent Price movie. before this waste of time.

Comment

We've had mediocre-to-poor crowds. But the people who are coming are saying it's 'preposterous' but a fun watch. I haven't seen it yet but I watched the first few minutes. The sound mix was cool. We're going to watch it later this week.

Comment

"Alexa, write me a really, really bad Science Fiction script"

I love this review!

Comment

Yep that review is spot on. "Stupidest movie ever made".

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Blakesley View Post
                            We've had mediocre-to-poor crowds. But the people who are coming are saying it's 'preposterous' but a fun watch. I haven't seen it yet but I watched the first few minutes. The sound mix was cool. We're going to watch it later this week.
                            Same. But I'd rather have that than deal with the knuckle dragging morons that would come out for "Jackass".

Comment

And suddenly it feels like we're back in mid 2021 with the turn out we've had.

Pretty much the same sentiments here. Kind of ridiculous but fun....as long as you leave your brain at the door...

Comment

Perhaps it should be billed as a comedy???

Comment

Working...
                                X