Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have There Been Any Preview Screenings Of Moonfall yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have There Been Any Preview Screenings Of Moonfall yet?

I have only seen the previews of this so far. But I can't help but to burst out laughing when ever it pops up. This is very definately right out of the pages of Mad Magazine.

I got an email the other day stating that there won't be any theatrical release of Moonfall in Canada.

Comment

It must be pretty bad then?. At least 30% of the population here might go see it...

Comment

I just noticed on Tic TOC that all commenting on that movies posts have been disabled...

Comment

We're going to play it. I hope it's not a mistake, but there aren't exactly a whole raft of other better choices since the studios insist on flushing everything down the video sewer within 10 minutes of release.

The preview makes it look like a comedy as much as an action flick. It's as if all the actors know it's an outlandish premise. I mean, what else could it be, coming from Mr. Independence Day?

But hey, some of the stuff in "2012" is coming true, so...

Comment

Not to worry! There is actually a Spacex rocket on a collision course with the moon as I type this...

Comment

I've read one review that was not exactly complimentary. But seriously what can you expect from a Roland Emmerich movie that's being released in February? I'm sure it'll look nice enough and shit'll go BOOM real good.

Comment

What is it supposed to be? The bastard love child of "Space 1999" and "Armageddon"?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Stankey View Post
                  What is it supposed to be? The bastard love child of "Space 1999" and "Armageddon"?
                  Its looking more and more like a bad comedy... Supposed to be Sci,-Fi

Comment

"Space 1999" was a British sci-fi TV series made in the mid 70s about a time in the future when nuclear waste being stored on the moon explodes and propels the moon out of earth's orbit.

"Armageddon" was a movie made in 1998 (one year before the supposed events of "Space 1999") which starred Bruce Willis and Liv Tyler. As we know, Bruce Willis and his crew of misfits try to stop an asteroid crashing into earth.

If you put both movies into a blender and stir vigorously, you get "Moonfall," a story about a group of misfit adventurers flying to the moon in order to stop it from being blown out of Earth's orbit by a giant explosion.

Not only is this entirely implausible in just about every way, if the moon ever did get destroyed or blown out of Earth's orbit, life on this planet would cease to exist as we know it.

If I remember correctly, "Space 1999" did make some allusions to this fact, early on, but, as far as I remember, they didn't really delve into this on any more than a superficial level.

The movie "Armageddon" had a plot that was just as implausible. No way in Hell could we send a manned spaceship to an asteroid, let alone detonate a nuke on its surface big enough to change its orbit.

Putting these two plots together produces results so implausible that it would have to be a comedy.

I suppose it could work if they marketed it like the old TV show, "Lost in Space"... or the subsequent movie remake in 1998 and Netflix series in 2018.

Basically a sci-fi romp!

If we're going to go that route, why don't we roll in some "Buck Rogers in the Twenty Fifth Century?" You know, the campy TV show from the early 80s?

Or... How about a dollop of that 1960s romp, "Barbarella" with Jane Fonda, just for good measure?

Comment

I've always liked Space 1999.

Comment

We used to watch Space 1999 on Channel-6 (CKCO) from Kitchener, ON.

We watched it every day after school. It was followed by another show called "UFO" which we also used to watch religiously.

The other thing I remember about watching TV from "over the lake" out of Canada was the commercials:

Comment

I never watched any of those shows. Green Acres took precedence at our house while growing up.

Comment

The Pig, Mr. Haney, and the County Agriculture guy were hilarious.

Comment

When I worked at Mercyhurst, the girls who majored in Dance also had to work as stage hands when they weren't actually on stage.
                              One of the tasks is to mop the entire dance surface with ammonia and hot water before every performance and rehearsal.

So, there's this skinny, little blonde dancer...you know the stereotype...swinging a mop, back and forth across the floor with one hand.

I walk on-stage, take one look at her struggling with the mop and I bust out laughing... "You look like Eva Gabor!"

[Blank Stare] "Who's Eva Gabor?"

"Za Za Gabor's twin sister."

"Who's that?"

"Paris Hilton's aunt!"

Comment

Working...
                              X