Fair $$ for Dolby LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair $$ for Dolby LED

I have an LED for Dolby Digital readers, to replace an old, worn out or burned out LED.

I have been talking to somebody on the forum who is interested in buying it but I have no clue what a fair price would be.

It is just the bare LED. There is no heat sink or mounting bracket.
    Never used. Original condition.

I found it in my tool box after I left Cinemark. By the time I realized it was there, so much water had gone under the bridge that there is no use in trying to return it.

No, it hasn't been banging around in the bottom of a tool box for all these years. It has been stored in its plastic bubble pack since I got it. That little package has been inside a small, metal film can. I have no reason to think that it has been damaged or degraded from improper storage.

Like I say, this is just the bare LED. The user would have to install this part into an existing bracket. It's not a hard job. I've done it many times. I just think it important that the user understand what they are getting.

Best to find it a new home where it can be put to good use. Right?

The last I knew, Dolby's list price for the LED with the bracket was $125.00

What do you guys think is a fair price?

The Dolby DPN 32075 sold for $50.00 in quantities of 100 or more. I believe singles prices were around $70.00. The price you quote for one in a heat sink was for the Cat. 701/702 reader. BACP sells these bare LEDs for $95.00 in singles. Make sure it's a Dolby LED. There are a lot of imitations out there and Cimemark bought some directly from USL. Not as good as the Dolby ones and the polarity is opposite. I would not give more than $20 each for those if I were buying, which I'm not.

Comment

I remember being told that they cost $90.00 each when I worked there.
      That’s the reason why I socked one away... In case I had an emergency.
      It’s also the reason it got lost... I hid it away too well.

Have you ever hidden something away in a place where you’ll remember it then promptly forgot it?
      This is the classic example!

Is there any way to easily tell the genuine article from the copy?

I was told that they were Dolby but you know how those corporate types are.

This is the exact reason why I’m asking the question, here.

Comment

The earlier Dolby LEDs were stamped with a part #. As to the others, who knows? As to possible confusion, there was one case where one of the studios bought a pack of 100 and when they didn't light, sent them to Dolby under warranty. Turned out they were some of the aftermarket ones. Red faces all around as I had predicted.

Comment

These are pictures of the LED I have.

DolbyLED1.jpg

The back, just above the polarity tab, is laser engraved with the number "8600."

DolbyLED2.jpg

Comment

How much for the Cinemark ruler?

Comment

Seriously?

I've got a dozen of those things, lying around the house.
              I grabbed a whole bunch of them and threw them in my tool box when I worked there.

I used to cut them up to make plastic shims.

Do people really want them? Or, are you just being funny?

I have no clue what to ask for them.

Make me an offer.

Comment

LOL, I was being funny because I thought you would say you only had one and wouldn't part with it. I am always looking for Cinema or Cinema Chain memorabilia for my office. If you want to message me I would be happy to pay for shipping and some amount to cover the item and your trouble however as I am sure you know things aren't so great right now so I can't offer you a lot but i'm sure we can figure something out.

Comment

Working...
                X