need wd of christie K series lamphouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need wd of christie K series lamphouse

does anyone by chance have the working distance from the back of reflector to the film aperture for the christie K/CK series lamphouse? my manual gives the measurement of the snood to the aperture but i only have the lamp sleds with reflector and igniter and i want to repurpose them in carbon arc lamphouses. the K superceeded the chrisie c &ch lamps and consoles..it used a different deeper dish reflector then the C series...anyone have an old one still sitting around th booth? thanks, john

I ran into the same problem when re-purposing a Christie CH-10 lamp assembly. Fortunately, I still had the enclosure and made measurements to the front of the reflector. This was easier to reach than the rear and it was a solid surface that could be measured on all sides. The snood and glass were also repurposed to the front of the vintage lamp house. Taking into account all of the variables, including the mount and thickness of the front casting, it came to 18 1/8" from the aperture to the front of the reflector. It worked out moderately well although the efficiency is not that great and the front casting gets nice and hot.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

thanks gary! unfortunately yours is the older c series chritie, i am going to use the newer k series which did not have a beam expander lens in the snood and used a deeper dichroic coated reflector with better cooling for the lamp. thanks again, john

Comment

Working...
      X