Kinoton Lamphouse Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinoton Lamphouse Manual

I'm looking for another manual, this time for either the Kinoton Studio Lamphouse, or the Kinoton Universal Lamphouse (as I suspect they're basically the same?? - if not, what are the differences?). If you have one that you can send me, shoot me a PM

Send me your email as a PM

Comment

Thanks Max, very helpful.

I've still got the quesion of what the difference (if any?) between the "Studio Lamphouse" and the "Universal Lamphouse" is. From comparing the two brochures, all I can see is:
      • "Optimum light intensity and light distribution" vs. "best light intensity and light distribution"
      • "Safe, reliable automatic ignition system" vs. "safe, reliable automatic ignition system with special radio interference suppression for ignition impulses"
      • "Heat filter from 2,000 W on" vs. "heat filters"

So the Studio Lamphouse is just a slightly upgraded version of the Universal Lamphouse, with rf suppression, and heat filters in all models? Can someone confirm this?

Comment

Studio versus cinema? The paint and that is it! (I'm not kidding). The studio lamphouse had the anthracite (grey) paint and the cinema had the normal gold color. If you requested, they'd throw in the extra chokes for noise suppression but they were not a given by virtue of order.

Kinoton had an entirely different discount structure for "Studio" versus "Cinema". They came off of different price sheets and not all dealers were authorized for studio equipment. Where the differences came were in the feature sets, primarily of the projectors. For instance, you could get a rock-n-roll cinema projector, the FP-30ER. It would have the standard soundhead but with a roller lifter. The Studio version was the FP-30ES which added the studio soundhead that would have a magnetically coupled flywheel so when one was changing speeds or shuttling, the flywheel would decouple.

None of this had any bearing on the lamphouse, however. That said, Kinoton wouldn't let you pair a studio projector to a cinema lamphouse. That was just part of the deal. And, truth be told, the studio paint job NEVER held up as well as the cinema one. They grey paint flaked off if you looked at it too hard.

Comment

Working...
        X