Dolby CAT668 Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolby CAT668 Adapter

I visited a theater the other day and the projectionist was using a Dolby SRA-5 with SR modules connected to his CP500. I am attempting to install two Cat. 350/300's in my CP500 to see if I can avoid the extra box and get the same result, since the CAT222 SR/A module that comes with the CP500 is an "emulator" and not as good as a real SR processor. Does anyone have information about the 668 adapter board? Or maybe even have one to take pictures of and measure?

Any information would be appreciated...

Yes, I searched the forum and found a previous topic on this in the archive, but no information was provided. You smart guys probably have a stack of these lying around!​

Well... now I know it's a real thing. Here is a CP500 with two Cat 300's in it!

Screenshot_20240229_001531_Facebook.jpg

Comment

As far as I know,its only used for magnetic films,not optical.so I dont think you will benifit from it.As far as the SR-A5 unit and cp500,you CAN take out the preamp output,and put it into the SRA5,and then maybe back into the analog input.
      alan

Comment

We sold CP500s with "real" SR. No we don't have a stack of the adapter boards.

Comment

I know where there is one. PM me.

Josh

Comment

Working...
          X