Experimantal restoration of Simplex 1014 & 5 Star combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimantal restoration of Simplex 1014 & 5 Star combo

I've been off F-T since 2009,until everything has been straightened out & fixed. I was reading something in here about a Super Platter being restored & I'm involved with an experimental restoration of one of my Simplex 1014 & 5 Star combos. I don't have pictures or video of it (the last time I was on F-T,I had to go through trial & error of trying to post pics on here.. I hope that issue is fixed,otherwise I may have to post links to my images & make certain those links work.) Some examples of what I've done arehysically & chemically stripping paint both inside & out-disassembly done before that,repainting with antique hammertone pewter,painting other parts with white appliance epoxy,painting shutter area of main projector casting with black heat resistant paint to deal with heat from either a xenon or carbon arc lamp.

If it's an older one I am sure the paint stripped fine. But Strong switched to powder paint on it's line some time backl and powder paint does not come off unless by machining or by really heavy sand blasting. Good luck with the rebuild there! My first rebuild back in 1979 was a Motiograph AA and SH-7500.

Comment

2020 The year that keeps on giving!

Comment

Working...
      X