Kalart Victor model 90-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalart Victor model 90-25

Could anyone in this group can please let me know how to use this type of plug to power this projector in a normal 120VAC receptacle? (Photograph attached) Thank you very much

Attached Files

Years ago, I used to run films at a library that had similar pair of K-V projectors which had the
    exact same plug. Those projectors used a GE-Marc 300 bulb, as it says right on the front of
    your projector. Marc 300's were a small mercury vapor ( I think) arc lamp, and so they needed
    a separate power supply/ballast to power the bulb. The power supply 'box', wasusually sized
    so that the projector could sit on top of it. (That's why the connecting cable is relatively short)

The 'box' plugged into an AC outlet, and that multi-pin connector you have then plugged into
    the ballast box. If you can't find a circuit diagram, it should be pretty easy to open up the
    projector, and determine which of those pins are for the lamp circuit, and which are for the
    projector power, either by visual inspection or 'ohming them out' with a meter. While you
    might be able to get the projector to run, without the power supply box there's no easy way
    to get the Marc-300 lamp to light. The Marc-300 bulbs were never very popular, due to their
    high replacement cost and relatively short lifespan. While you can still buy Marc-300 bulbs
    online, they're even more expensive today, - and most of them are NOS, so they may or may
    not even live up to their rated working hours. I know I've seen articles online on how to convert
    various movie & slide projectors that used Marc-300 bulbs into ones that use a less expensive
    quartz-reflector bulb, as was used in many of the Kodak Ektagraphic slide projectors,
    if you're interested in doing so. It shouldn't be all too difficult to do, since if you look at a picture
    of a Marc-300 bulb, they are only slightly different in size than one of the quartz reflector lamps.

<Additional Info>
    My recollection is that that connector was commonly used on several manufacturer's 16mm Marc
    300 projectors. Here's a picture I found online of a B&H Marc-300, not only showing how the
    ballast/power supply was designed to sit under the machine, but using what looks like the same
    plug. I recall renting a machine identical to this one for corporate share-holders screening for a
    major container ship company in a large ballroom at The Palace Hotel here in SF many years ago.
    BH_Marc300.jpg
    The manual for this projector is available in the FT warehouse
    HERE> http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/manuals/BH567ARC.pdf
    There is a diagram of the plug in the manual. I believe the power supplies
    were made either by GE or another manufacturer and I can't ever recall
    seeing a schematic of one.
    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 02-06-2024, 10:38 AM. Reason: To Add Additional Info And Photo

Comment

The projector uses MARC lamps which require a separate power supply. The projector usually sits on the power supply and your power cable plugs into the mating socket on the power supply chassis.The power supply has a standard 120 volt AC input power cord which powers the projector through the multi-pin power cable. The multi-pin cable also carries the lamp power and some control/switching functions.

Paul Finn

Comment

Thanks a lot Jim Cassedy​ and Paul Finn for all the information I really appreciate that both of you had take the time to help me out

Comment

Slot load projectors are, a lot of the time known as film eaters.

Comment

Yes Mark, I know

Comment

Working...
            X