Opry Mills 20, Nashville, TN
    Universal Citywalk 19, Universal City, CA

Canada 15/70
    Cineplex Vaughan, Woodbridge, ON

UK 15/70
    BFI, London

Australia 15/70
    Melbourne Museum​

No 15/70 in New England... a little sad about that. Glad to see we'll have some 5/70 coming to MA though!

Comment

Also 5/70 in Canada…

Banque Scotia, Montreal
      Park, Vancouver
      Varsity, Toronto

Comment

Sounds good! I'll go see it in Imax at Opry MIlls. The Openheimer presentation there was flawless...

Comment

5perf print in Seattle looked and sounded great. Little issue with sound and focus right out of the gate, but the projectionist got it sorted in quick fashion, so only a minor delay and missed part of the secret preview spliced onto the head. Only 2 shows a day through Wednesday so hopefully the rest are smooth. It was different operator than the guy that ran Oppenheimer too.

Comment

Hey, Scotty! I was your projectionist. I hope you enjoyed the show! Yes, we are having a little bit of an issue with the DTS, so my apologies on that. Also, the brief focus isse was due to the knob loosening unexpectedly. Take care!

Comment

All good! Glad neither issue was too severe, and the rest of the show was smooth. 2 shows down, 10 to go! Thanks for signing my book too. I like keeping a little memento of the film presentations in town.

Comment

Ohh that was you! I signed it on the platter deck lol. Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Went to do a double header of 15/70 at Cineplex Vaughan and 5/70 at Cineplex Varsity today.

Unfortunately the 15/70 show was shifted to digital last minute due to technical faults. Luckily the 5/70 show at the Varsity went off without a hitch.

The quality of Tenet in 70mm is outstanding - the color saturation, sharpness, and crop from the 15/70 footage was largely outstanding; having only seen the film on 4K UHD previously I noticed a few 2:20 shots that were a little tight, but overall it was wonderful. Unfortunately the print had base side scratches that ran along the very edge of the right side of the screen from reel two all the way through to credits! Generally it was fine, but disappointing regardless. One of the better 70mm prints I’ve seen in the modern era, however. Amusingly, they seem to have had an emergency shutoff during the middle of the credits. They were able to get it up and running maybe 5-10 minutes later to finish the show.

This and Oppenheimer seem a step above the print of Dunkirk that I saw in 2017, but my memory HAS faded on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Camerata View Post
                    Hey, Scotty! I was your projectionist.
                    Was the dune scene hardmatted to 2.39 on the print? It looked like it to me

Comment

TenetLabel2.jpg

Originally posted by Chris Haller View Post
                      <edited> Unfortunately the print had base side scratches that ran along the very
                      edge of the right side of the screen from reel two all the way through to credits!
                      A defect that runs through the whole print is usually caused by some sort of platter issue.

Originally posted by Chris Haller View Post
                      they seem to have had an emergency shutoff during the middle of the credits
                      I feel their pain. I've got a 10 reel 35mm show later today, and the new TMS that was just
                      installed last week "thinks" that the show ends after the digital pre-show & trailer segments
                      are over, which is when I switch over to the 35mm, and there's a phantom 'curtain close'
                      cue that I just can't seem to get rid of, no matter how many times I try to I re-edit, re-name,
                      and re-load the stupid SPL's. I've got to move on to other things (like shipping out all the
                      35mm stuff that I don't need so I have more room to stash DUNE print when it arrives 2mor
                      o)
                      I don't have time to muck around with the TMS anymore today, so I've decided that after
                      the film show starts, and the curtain opens, I'm going to kill the power to the curtain motor so
                      that it won't close after "Feature Presentation" clip. Problem 'fixed' but not solved - - for now!

Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 02-25-2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Going to see it Wednesday night in Columbus...

Comment

I saw TENET (for the first time) at the BFI IMAX, London on 15/70mm on Saturday.

I tried to go in entirely cold - I didn't read about the film, hadn't seen the trailer, hadn't watched reviews. The only two things I knew about it before going in was that everyone finds it confusing, and the much of the dialog is unintelligible.

Movie review: I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience, but I do have no clue why most of the stuff in the second half happened - even after reading plot summaries afterwards! It seems like a heist film, but with confusing time inversion mixed in, which I'm not sure gives the intended effect Nolan was going for. I'll watch again, this time with subtitles, and hopefully things become a bit clearer. I certainly enjoyed Oppenheimer and Inception more on subsequent re-watches.

Presentation review: BFI IMAX did a stunning job, as always. We had ads & trailers, followed by an introduction by a staff member, who talked about why 15/70mm is important, and then mentioned the upcoming Dune II. Followed by a preview of Dune II, and then the magic flip from digital to 15/70 for the IMAX logo and then TENET. Print looked fantastic, I spotted one or two lines very occasionally, but on the whole, excellent. The occasional spec of dust in the gate, which was swiftly cleaned! Sound was excellent - loud, but not gratingly, which I've found on a past IMAX visit.

Thanks BFI - I'll be visiting again for Dune II, if you put some more showings on sale during a weekend!

Comment

I went to the Gateway Film Center on 2/28/24 at the 7:45 p.m. show.

I traveled over an hour to see this film. I was disappointed in the presentation. There was scratches throughout the film and the aperture plate was either cut wrong or was out of place.

Comment

Plus one to the 5/70 venue list, we just ran our first screening at Worcester Polytechnic Institute tonight! Huge thanks to Brad Miller and Film-Tech for making this possible. Their help in getting us a changeover print on-time after our distributor failed to verify with Warner early enough saved the show for us. This movie looks great, incredibly fine grain throughout makes for a pretty surreal experience even from as far back as the booth.

Comment

Working...
                              X