Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely Tight ISCO Anamorphic Attachment

Hello,

I have a few scope ISCO lenses here with Blue-Star Anamorphic attachments.

I'm wanting to thread the anamorphic attachments from the prime lens, but finding it extremely difficult. They won't budge.

Am I missing something? Do I have to loosen any of the precision screws before the attachments can be removed?

What methods has anyone used to remove stubborn Anamorphics or cross-threaded attachments?

Thank you in advance.

Jacob

Can you make a picture of your assembly? What do you mean with precision screws? You mean the lens clamp screws? If that's the way the anamorphic attachment is attached to the prime lens, you need to remove them first.

Comment

Two pictures attached. I would like to separate the anamorphic from the prime lens, like in the picture.

I'm finding the components extremely difficult to un-thread.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Get two band type oil filter wrenches. If you can't get them apart using those then you may not. Also try just slightly heating the area of the anamorphic where it screws together so it expands just slighyly... That may make it easier.

Comment

Those are NOT designed to come apart outside of the factory. That is why you are having the issue. And yes, you would need to loosen set screws to do it. There is no guarantee that when you put it back it will be properly aligned either, it probably will. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah, those integrated lenses weren't meant to take apart. But what's the reason to take apart a well-functioning lens assembly? You want to use the anamorphic attachment on a different prime lens?

Comment

That explains it... I would like to move the anamorphic attachments to a larger prime lens. The throw in our theatre is much longer than the theatre these scope lenses came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
                Those are NOT designed to come apart outside of the factory. That is why you are having the issue. And yes, you would need to loosen set screws to do it. There is no guarantee that when you put it back it will be properly aligned either, it probably will. Good luck.
                Steve are those Ultrastar lenses? Are Blue Star anamorphics not actually all blue?

Comment

The pictures in this thread are Ultra-Star lenses...no Blue-Star. There were only three models of Blue-Star integrated anamorphics and they did have golden, Ultra-Star primes with Blue-Star anamorphics. ISCO didn't have any blue prime lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
                    Yeah, those integrated lenses weren't meant to take apart. But what's the reason to take apart a well-functioning lens assembly? You want to use the anamorphic attachment on a different prime lens?
                    While this should be technically possible and has been done before, you probably know there is no guarantee to success. I've not done it myself but I've seen people doing it, some more succesful than others, as an incompatible adapter can introduce all kinds of annoying image distortions, including optical aberration issues or unwanted reflections from within the lens assembly. But some are even using them as an adapter for their DSLR cameras, in order to be able to shoot anamorphic videos or still pictures.

Comment

Working...
                    X