IREM Igniter ASN 700 Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IREM Igniter ASN 700 Wiring Diagram

Hello friends. I bought an IREM igniter model ASN700 to connect to my Victoria 5 projector, but I don't have the igniter's wiring diagram. I looked on the Internet but couldn't find it.
    Could anyone tell me how I can connect the 5 connectors? The sixth is G, which must be ground.
    A hug to everyone and thank you very much for your attention.​

what make and model of lamphouse is it? cinemecchanica? xetron? or zenith? there are several instructions and schematics here on ft in the warehouse/manuals section, there were a dozen or so igniters, and the wiring is different for all of them so be careful, can you post a picture of the igniter? i can then help you with the wiring. john

Comment

Thank you for the answer. The previous owner of this projector removed all the electrical wiring and to this day I still don't understand why. The lamphouse is a GALAXY - 140HS. I'm posting photos of the igniter.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

here is the us version (125v) of the 700 i believe the only difference is the input voltage so connections should be the same...IREMIGNITERASN700_1000.pdf (film-tech.com)​ however i think it is the early version and the replacements that have the red bottom cover have a different wiring...the jumper sets the open circuit ignite voltage to either 85v dc or 115v dc.

Comment

here is a link to irem ignitors info...AS SERIES - Xenon lamps - IREM power quality, turbine idroelettriche, illuminazione professionale i agree that it is unusual for the wiring to have been cut...look at the wires for numbering to maybe they can be matched up that way.​

Comment

Originally posted by John Eickhof View Post
            i agree that it is unusual for the wiring to have been cut....​
            I witnessed digital cinema installers deliberately cutting cables & drive belts on film equipment on
            several occasions during the cinemapacoplyse when theater owners were being forced to convert
            to digtial projection. I'm not saying that this was a standard installation procedure, but I personally
            saw it happen at two venues and heard similar stories from a couple of other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post
              I witnessed digital cinema installers deliberately cutting cables & drive belts on film equipment on
              several occasions during the cinemapacoplyse when theater owners were being forced to convert
              to digtial projection.
              I'm not saying that this was a standard installation procedure, but I personally
              saw it happen at two venues and heard similar stories from a couple of other people.
              I wonder if that was for the theatres under VPFs, I seem to recall having heard that those getting digital under that contract HAD to destroy the film equipment on purpose.

Comment

Tony- That's what someone told me once too. I was raising such a fuss when I saw them
                doing this that they made the theater owner remove me from the booth. Later, when they
                went out to lunch, I went back in and "rescued' the DolbyDigital™& DTS reader cables
                before they had a chance to cut them.

Comment

I was told that, but I ended up doing GDC VPF's because it was cheaper initially and did not require off site monitoring. GDC did not require that projectors be made not to run. Regardless, most of what I removed went to recycling/

Comment

Most VPF required one film machine be maintained per complex

Comment

Working...
                    X