CP65 modification for 2.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP65 modification for 2.0?

I have an application where I need to run a CP65 in a 2.0 stereo setup. (No digital sources, just Mono, A-Type, SR, and Non-Sync).

I seem to remember there was a backplane modification that would allow for playback of stereo films as Lt/Rt, and send mono to both left and right. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, this is by no means "correct" but is what this particular temporary setup calls for.

The easiest way involves a link card, 110L, plugged into the Cat. 150 slot. It sends the Lt, Rt, audio to the next stage, Cat. 64, etc. No wiring mods needed and it's temporary and restorable. I can find one if you don't have one handy.

Comment

The "mod" was done on the CAT242 card (it could be modded for just Center/Surround or just Left and Right). It involved tacking some jumper wires, which are undoable...no trace cutting. There is nothing wrong with the CAT110L plan either, if you have one.

Comment

Glad Steve approves. I don't recall the mod for some reason. There was a Cat. 327? that Dolby did rather quietly since it was against the idea of front/back playback. Front/back pretty much went away. I'm shipping a 110L tomorrow to Julian.

Comment

Working...
        X