Eiki RT-2 projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki RT-2 projector

I’ve recently acquired an Eiki RT-2 projector. The belts have all perished; I’ve managed to replace all but the take-up arm belt which I just cannot seem to work out how to access. Have removed all the obvious screws but nothing seems to loosen up/rotate to give access to the left hand side of the belt behind the silver reel pin. Any suggestions, I’ve attached photos of the front and back of the area in question. Thanks.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I haven't worked on a portable Eiki since around 2009-10, so my memory is likely faulty; but that memory is that to replace the belt, all you need to remove are the two screws holding the front cover plate on the take-up spindle arm, and then the plate comes away (maybe try levering it gently with a flathead screwdriver if it doesn't fall off after removing the screws?). If you also need to replace the cork clutch liner in the spindle itself, that's when you need to remove the gudgeon pin securing the spindle assembly to the arm, which I've totally forgotten how to do - sorry.

The manual is here, and the take-up spindle assembly is covered on pp. 35-36; but it doesn't really answer your question.

Comment

Is there not a screw on the back which holds the axle of the "swinging part" ? Anyway that part should be removed first, then you get access to the wheel the belt drives.

Comment

Working...
      X