Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KINOTON E projectors, software for image steadyness

Hello

I'm searching for the software to adjust the image steadyness of the electronic intermittment of the KINOTON-E 16mm/35mm projectors.

The programm was called IFCS and distibuted for Win XP maybe even only for Win98.

Or anyone has a tip who can help me?

I need to fix the steadyness of a KINOTON FP38 EC studiomachine.

Thanks for all sugestions.

Christopher

You will also need the interface.

Comment

You don't need an interface (you need one for the frictions, the flywheel accelerator and for configuring the control panel)...it is an RS232 control. There was a recommendation to put some series resistors as a protection...I never used that.

The software is available from Kinoton Digital Solutions. There are two versions. One for the original MDE style controller and the other for the FPS style controller...they are not compatible. I am not as familiar with the EC projector to know if it has any special versions. I've worked with E, ES and EQ only.

Comment

Are "Kinoton Digital Solutions" still in business? Just a few days ago I was thinking that it would be great to gather the software, manuals and procedures for the E series in case someone became a lucky owner of one of those machines.

Comment

Thanks Steve, it's been a while since I worked on these. I did build something for ECs, must have been a modified cable with resistors in.

They are indeed Marco. Now an integrator, no longer a manufacturer.

Comment

Cool - I hope that those resources don't get lost over time and at some point they will share them with the world.

Comment

They are definitely in business.

I can't say, definitively, that the materials won't get lost over time but I've found that KDS is less tight-fisted with the manuals than the original Kinoton. The EQ software is going to be a tough one as it requires a serial number to be generated in order to make changes to the control panel (e.g, changing what the preset speeds are. Thus far, KDS has not made any form of downloadable generator...just an on-line version. It is bound to be a date-generated number and I'm sure the algorithm isn't so complicated that a stand-alone app couldn't be made rather briskly.

Now, what would be cool is if they made their shop-drawings available (something where parts could be replicated). They do have some drawings but nothing that I would consider to have the precision to generate parts from.
              Last edited by Steve Guttag; 03-08-2023, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Ok I will contact them.

I have the manual with the instructions for the resistors in the serial cable.

It it mentioned "just" as precation to electrical fault in the serial port.
                Seems to be serial protocol in general.

Thanks

Christopher

Comment

That’s a very nice machine you have there, Christopher! I have a FP38 EC too, and it’s such a joy to work with.

Is yours the EC or the later EC II? I believe (although maybe the experts like Steve can correct me) that only the EC II can use the software to correct the picture steadiness, and adjust the other settings.

I’d love to chat with you about your EC if you want - my PMs are always open.

David

Comment

Hi David

Yes I also just found out that there are two completly difernet version concerning the intermittment controller.

Actually the one with the "bad" steadyness is a EC.
                    There is no serial port for the setup.

Just found a manual for the older version.
                    Hope the "simple" adjustments that can be done there work.

I also have two EC II in storage.

Christopher

Comment

The only manual I have is for both the EC and ECII - can you send me the manual for just the EC?

Wow, two EC IIs in storage? Very nice, I’m jealous! I’ve been looking for a second EC or EC II but not found one.

Comment

Working...
                      X