ID this lamphouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID this lamphouse?

This is not a good pic but I was hoping somebody could ID the lamp house and the wattage lamps it was designed for. Thanks!

DSCN3822.jpg

Judging by the volt and amp meter on the rear it's a late model 4 to 6 kw Xetron. It is also the same color as the Xetron consoles I installed in a new build in Greenwood, Indiana back in the very early 2000's.

Comment

mark is right on its a late model xetron xhn-45 3-5 kw same as the pair i sold to the wilma theatre in missoula mt. good lamphouse but warm on the aperture! can fit 3000w hsc thru 7000w hsc lamps. also was suitable for 70mm w/ optional beam spreader...(looks like a century jj- 35/70)
      Last edited by John Eickhof; 01-09-2023, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Eickhof View Post
        was suitable for 70mm w/ optional beam spreader...(looks like a century jj- 35/70)
        It is. That's interstellar on the platter (complete with the notorious DTS drop-out) !

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Ogden View Post

It is. That's interstellar on the platter (complete with the notorious DTS drop-out) !
          I saw that problem on the bench when I was inspecting it before the film opened and warned Paramount about it DTS was quick to issue a software upgrade that extended the "free-roll time" (without timecode) to 8 or 10 seconds. I'm guessing that site didn't get the software upgraded.

Comment

Working...
          X