Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BACP digital penthouse readers (DSTR-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BACP digital penthouse readers (DSTR-20)

I have several of these that i want to sell. They have been on the shelf for about five years. I do not have easy access to a way of testing them but when they went on the shelf they were functional. Is there any thing I need to worry about (i.e. old CP200 power supplies where the caps are dead)? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Really the only issue would be if the LED's were old and not able to achieve the right video level.

Comment

The DSTR 20 has a video presence light on the front side cover. Power comes from a DA20, CP500, or 650 via the video cable. The presence light goes green at 2 Volts minimum video level and red below 2 Volts. With no film in the reader it should be easy to tell if the light will go green as in a good LED. Now, there is no magic to 2 Volts, just a reference point. I've had systems with a Kelmar basement reader that worked fine all the way to .5 Volts. I only ever changed it because the "analog" LED would not make Dolby level with Cat. No. 69 test film.

Comment

Sean...Sam...thanks for the responses...what i was hoping to hear...now I guess i have to dig out my DA-20 and test these.

Comment

Working...
        X