Round Thane belt Keeps Slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Thane belt Keeps Slipping

I recently had to change out a round thane belt on a take up arm of a century jj projector and it has been slipping frequently off of the clutch adjacent to the reel. i have realigned the two pulleys as many times as i can and the belt still slips. we have also adjusted the belt more than once(making it tighter and tighter, but not too tight). I noticed the band is not 100 percent stable going over the clutch, but after going around it the band is stable when it comes off. Any suggestions??? to keep the belt on. I have changed roundthane before and it never slipped off other clutches

Occasionally there is a twist introduced in the material between the beginning and end of the round belt.
    This can cause he belt to creep off tracking while running under a tension load.
    No amount of re-tensioning will correct that symptom and may even make it come off faster..

Comment

Roundthane is awful. Get a 3/8" automotive rubber V belt. Use that Roundthane belt to measure the overall size needed, then just hop on amazon or run down to a local auto parts store. Install the V belt and be done forever with that nonsense.

Comment

Working...
      X