CP65 remote fader / remote muting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP65 remote fader / remote muting question

I am building a remote fader / control box for the CP65. I did some tests today: remote switching (all through J18) works, the indicator leds of the different formats light up as they should be. When I connect the leds that indicate remote fader selected and muting something strange happens: the leds that indicate muting, both on the CP65 itself and on the remote control, are now on all the time: constantly when not muting and flashing high/low when muting. Also the led on the CP65 itself that indicates local fader selected is now on all the time: at a lower level when remote fader is selected but not off.
    I connected all leds on the remote control to the different ID lines and ground (line 12). Is this not correct? Or has anybody an idea what could be wrong?

My advice is to start with just the remote fader potentiometer connected to the backplane as shown in the Dolby CP55/65 manual and once you know the CP65 remote switch on the front door works correctly, ie., remote fader is operating, proceed from there.

I believe there's a jumper on the 443 that disables the remote fader switch so you don't accidentally send the fader to nowhere. I worked on all this many tears ago but that's all I recall for now.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi

you need to tie the MUTE and FADER-LED´s to +15v.The FORMAT LEDS are tied to ground.

Alan

Comment

Thanks Sam and Alan. Exactly what Alan wrote: that did the trick. It's all working now.

Comment

Working...
        X