Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for feather duster to clean the screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.1570cinemaservices.com/
    Shows silver screen cleaning photos.

Comment

one word: FILTERS on your HVAC system!!!! It's money well spent.

Comment

heres a link to screen cleaning brushes Stage and Screen Tools: Theatre Screen Brushes​ in the northwest, there was an independent screen cleaner named Broken Hand, he was very well known and had a great reputation. he used what resembled a commercial floor dust mop except it was a 3ft wide loop with very soft horse hair bristles about 2" diameter around the loop, he would start with a metal mop frame wrapped with terrycloth towels to remove the larger particles, he did this on the back side first, changing the towels frequently, after doing both sides, he would apply scotchgard or similar anti-static spray lightly to the brush then carefully finish dusting the screen, i have seen him do matte white, gain and silver screens, they always looked great and most his clients were with him for years. he sure was a character! anyway, he told me the brush came from hurley or technikote and they were available for purchase, however that was 25-30 years ago and im pretty sure those companies are probably out of business now...i do remember seeing those brushes at some of my clients theatres through the years...the manufacturer is braun brush and the brushes are still available!
        Last edited by John Eickhof; 03-16-2023, 05:15 PM.

Comment

he used what resembled a commercial floor dust mop except it was a 3ft wide loop with very soft horse hair bristles about 2" diameter around the loop
          We still have ours! I remember Broken Hand too, he was definitely a character. He cleaned our screen at least once.

Comment

Hello All!
            I have visited this site several times in the last few years but first time to post.
            I am the founder and owner of one of the businesses mentioned in this thread: 1570 Cinema Services.

We started in 2004 by cleaning giant Large Format screens and several years later moved into cleaning white and silver
            multiplex screens, dome screens, screens on cruise ships and at museums and theme parks and all sorts of other venues.
            We have cleaned specialty screens in Australia, Dubai and as far as India.

Now we clean multiplex screens (white and silver) every night across the United States.

If I can answer any questions regarding our services I am happy to, or you can email me directly at: mike@1570cinemaservices.com

Our pricing is dependent on several factors: number of screens, size, location, if we have worked with you in the past, etc.
            We visit every major market usually twice a year and have offices in Houston and Chicago.

Our process is every effective if screens are cleaned on an annual basis and we if are contacted as soon as something is noticed on the screen
            if it is food, soda or cheese. The faster we can get out to something thrown at the screen the better our results.

Again, if you have questions please email me and I will attempt to check this thread from time to time.

Mike Quaranto
            Last edited by Mike Quaranto; 03-31-2023, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X