Barco Projector LINK DECRYPTOR Logs are FULL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco Projector LINK DECRYPTOR Logs are FULL

This is a new install of a used Barco 20C with good tested cables with a fully tested & functioning Dolby DSS200. Software is current in both. And I have read the Dolby flyer / notes on GET ALL PROJECTOR LOGS SCRIPT. The script say it "connected to the device." and the "Projector Log Extraction started" but I have not see ANY process on the script (------) or a progress bar in the Dolby Show Manager. YES I waited a long long time... hours. The Barco will not run with full logs. Has anyone here hit this brick wall?

HELP OR ABUSE WELCOMED.

Have you checked the old topic about this problem?

Comment

Oh... yeah. I am late to the party

Comment

Condensing the content of that thread, the problem is likely that the projector's Enigma (link decrypter) card is still on version 1.6 of its firmware, which has a known issue. It can store a certain amount of security log issues, after which it gets full and won't work anymore. I've heard some reports of this condition effectively bricking the Enigma, i.e. it being impossible to fix. However, I have had, so far, a 100% success rate by updating its firmware to 1.8 and then purging the log.

Updating the firmware is done using Barco Communicator, and the 1.8 files can be found on the mybarco.com page for your projector model (I am currently on vacation without access to my software archive, or else I'd offer to send them to you).

Once that is done, on the DSS200:
        1. Press ctrl+alt-F1
        2. Log in to the administrator account (email cinemasupport [at] dolby.com if you need the credentials - it's against forum rules to post them here)
        3. Enter the following:

Code:
        [hostname]:~$ cd scripts
        [hostname]:~/scripts$ ./getAllProjectorLogs.sh localhost
        4. Press ctrl+alt+F8 to return to the Show Manager GUI and see the progress bar in the transport tab. It'll take 5-10 minutes before any action is visible, then 40-50 minutes to complete. This won't work if the Enigma is still on 1.6 - only if it's been updated.

Comment

Wondering what 'Software is current in both' means? The projector software, if current, should already contain Enigma 1.8 for years?! Anyway, trying to update the Enigma to 1.8 is the best bet.

Comment

Barco keeps projector, Enigma and TI separated. So you can have the latest projector FW but an outdated ICP or Enigma. It's a manual process, if all three components need updating, you have to run the update three times - using different packages of course.

Not sure if that's changed with the most recent projectors.

Comment

For Barco Series 4 projectors, the updates are now all in one, humongous great file (443.5 MB in the case of 1.5.0), that contains everything, for all possible hardware configurations (ICMP+, ICP-D, SP2K, SP4K, etc. etc.). For earlier Barcos it's as you describe: the ICP, and, if you have one, Enigma card, have a separate firmware file that has to be installed in a separate operation from the main projector firmware. This is not the case with NEC Series 2 projectors, which are also updated using an all-in-one package (though you can flash the ICP and/or Enigma separately if you wish, e.g. after replacing one that went bad).

Incidentally, the getAllProjectorLogs script for the DSS200 was added at Show Manager version 4.7.0, which came out in 2014 (at least, 2014 is the copyright year in the release notes). If Allan's DSS200 is still on an earlier version, it'll need to be updated in order to enable the Enigma logs to be purged.
              Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 10-09-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Back in the dark times, one would use different programs (e.g. ICP/Enigma program) for the different modules as the ICP and Enigma were TI products. Heck Communicator didn't do the updates back then. One used "DC Toolset (which is still the only way I know to delete off "technicians" that no longer are there on a projector's touchscreen, as one can get a temporary "root" level via Toolset). Believe it or not, the Commuincator's companion program DC UPDATE will update an ICP-D by itself. It is not a complete operation as it will not reboot an S4 projector, so you have to do that afterwards.

NEC sort of does it as an all in one package. The bits and pieces are in different folders and during the update processes...the TI stuff gets its own special reboot into service mode and then it reboots back into normal mode and if all is good, the Update is allowed to end. Christie has always gone with the full package and one can choose to update what has changed or force a full update (which can wipe out some corruption, if it has crept in...it can also be handy if you change a module and want to ensure that everything gets updated for the projector it is mounted in). NEC also allows for partial updates and manual intervention if you need to force certain things to update. I've found it is always a good idea, if you change any module, to run the update on that projector to ensure the module you put in is configured for YOUR projector. ICPs are an absolute must as they can be configured for 2K or 4K but not both at the same time so running an ICP update will force it to see what satellite boards it is connected to and load the right firmware.

Comment

The projector, ICP, and LD versions were OK. The projector came from a closed site where it had been unpowered for quite a long time. The LD didn't have the usual dead battery symptoms so the failure was confusing... but a different LD swapped in solved the problem. Except for the problematic price of a new one, of course.

Comment

"WE'RE IN THE END GAME HERE." All software updated. An input Card was Swapped. Everything GREEN except that the blue ICP POWER LIGHT is off (dark) and I think I need to FLASH the system.

Comment

I think that if the POWER LED is not working on the ICP you may need a bit more than flashing the system! You may want to try re-seating the ICP again but you may need a new one. I'm not sure that LED is depending on the software?

Comment

If the three green ones are on, but the flashing blue one is totally out, then that would suggest that the card does actually have power, but that something else is wrong. Can you connect to it with the ICP & Enigma control app?

Comment

Leo

It's been a while but if memory serves the blue "ICP POWER" light does not blink. That is merely indicating there is power on the board.

The "software" LEDs are SW STAT, OS STAT, FMT STAT and ICP STAT. Once all is booted and happy, one of those blinks (SW stat?). But if the Blue light is off it may mean something more serious - or the LED has failed!

Allan, when you say "everything green", would you be able to detail the status of the aforementioned LEDs please? (SW STAT, OS STAT, FMT STAT and ICP STAT)

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X