Red print harsh on eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red print harsh on eyes

Has anyone else found the red print used in the subject titles (for posts) harsh on the eyes? I do. I would prefer something easier on the eyes like green or blue. Any thoughts?

That doesn't bother me, but it sure is a lot harder to find "new" content and posts on this software than it was on the old system. It's kind of odd because there is another forum I visit that uses the same software, but theirs is alot easier to follow than this one is.

I wish there was a simple "show new posts since last visit" function.

Comment

> I wish there was a simple "show new posts since last visit" function.

There kind of is. On the main index page, if the bubble on the left of each forum is blue, that means there were new posts on that forum since you last visited.

On the index page for each forum, the blue button shown below will take you to the first unread post on that thread. If there are no unread posts, the button will not appear.

8mm.jpg

Comment

There is also the "Latest Posts" and "Trending Posts" on the main index page, on the right side of the screen for desktops and on bottom of the scroll for mobile.

Comment

There is also the use of low contrast gray text which many web site designers seem to like, but I find hard to read. It looks like my printer is getting low on ink.

Comment

There kind of is. On the main index page, if the bubble on the left of each forum is blue, that means there were new posts on that forum since you last visited.

On the index page for each forum, the blue button shown below will take you to the first unread post on that thread. If there are no unread posts, the button will not appear.
            All well and good, but still requires a lot more clicks'n'bother than the old "show today's activity" link we had on the old forum....and even that was limited because it only showed you activity from the current day.

Yet another example of shiny new software that is LESS convenient to use.

Comment

It's all just a matter of installing a different theme for the message board.
              There are all different kinds of themes with different text styles, colors arrangements and features.

I've never installed a vBulletin message board but I've done a couple of phpBB.
              There are even some mods for phpBB that allow the user to select from a list of different styles.

For instance, if a person was visually impaired, he could change to a different style that is easier to read.

Or if a forum admin wanted to make a custom theme, such as a "Hollywood Movie" kind of theme, he could create one, special, for his own board.
              Then, if users wanted to use a simpler theme, they could switch to that.

Comment

Personally, I don't really have a problem with the red highlights of this forum. My eyesight still seems to be reasonably good, but what I'd like is a bigger default font. Especially on my 4K screen, with global scaling at 150% and no browser scaling, everything is just a tad to small for my own taste.

Comment

Working...
                X